Rebel RT

welcome to trike talk!........looks like an interesting project. Is the concept trike an actual production trike or is it a "one of" that you are going to reproduce? Also what about the frame that is pictured? used to mock up powertrain and body panels? Please explain about frame you are drawing. similar to one you have? definitley looking forward to this build!

Rebel Trike

welcome to trike talk!........looks like an interesting project. Is the concept trike an actual production trike or is it a "one of" that you are going to reproduce? Also what about the frame that is pictured? used to mock up powertrain and body panels? Please explain about frame you are drawing. similar to one you have? definitley looking forward to this build!

Hi Larry, I found the drawing on the Internet, I like the way it sits (attitude), I was ready to junk a Chinese Quad frame and the two started looking alike except I do like the idea of killing myself with a cheap welds and wall thickness, but yet I want about a 250cc engine, so I will mate the two in a drawing and make the new frame 1.25x.125 wall. Body panels??? Parts bike is from a 250cc Rebel.HPIM4615.JPG

the concept trike is a good looking machine.....a worthy project... yes agree, trust your own frame and welding. That machine looks too fast to trust a frame/ welding that is questionable.

RebelRouser

HPIM4722.JPGHF Chop saw, this 1.25x.120 wall sq. tubing, the cuts are bad for this 2HP motor, I have to use the HF 12" sander 36 grit to get the length to size and the angles correct. Lower frame rails are to size, now will start the lower a-arm mounting brackets, then go to the middle tie with steering and swing arm braces.

RebelRouser

The front coil over location can use a little more wow! What do you all think? Next I will be setting up the brackets for the control arms, 3/16 x 1 1/4 with 1/8 gussets top and bottom.HPIM4724.jpgHPIM4725.jpg

RebelRouser

like the way u think.... stock is easy!!! thought it might be the case

Finishing up on the little pieces for the control arm brackets and gussets aligning and measuring the front frame piece for the engine/steering/shock/gas tank mounts.HPIM4744.JPGHPIM4746.jpgSo far, so good, :clapping:

RebelRouser

RT Mockup Vert. frame 2018-05-22.JPGBought some more material for mockup the rear engine mount frame and the front engine/steering/gas tank support mount. The steering is 20 degrees and the frame mount is 17.5 degrees off the bike.HPIM4747.jpgFront view

RebelRouser

The machine shop should be through with the procession drilling on Thursday, I hope early so I can test then to welder for the lower control arm brackets, then start setting up the upper frame, control arms and steering.HPIM4795.JPGHPIM4796.JPG

RebelRouser

Yea! In some of the photos you can see my orange custom built scooter hiding under the work table, and it's electric brother...1-gScooter profile.jpg1Scootin engine.jpg1eScooter side.jpg

RebelRouser

Just curious, are those tires and wheels rated for street or highway? They look more like go cart wheels ... or am I missing something.

Which one? the trike?, I like the look, big tires no so, they are golf cart DOT, remember this is only 250cc, total length will be 7ft, width 4ft overall, I like these builds to fit under my work bench while I'm working on the next one. Have fun and ride safe...

RebelRouser

More tack welding to make sure of alignment for lower frame. Trying to keep it (5ft) flat for welding. Any ideas?HPIM4855.JPGHPIM4854.JPG

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png