Roadsmith HTS Rear Tires

My current replacements are Michelin MXW4 or something like that. They are no longer made. Personally, whenever I change these I will look for an all season touring tire that has an "open" style tread to better channel water away.

As far as balancing I take my wheels to my local Chevy dealer and have them Road Force balanced. Has worked well so far. I'm not a fan of liquid anything in my tires. Beads can be used as supplemental balancing material but tires must be weight balanced also because they require lateral balancing. Check out this link:

http://www.innovativebalancing.com/

My current replacements are Michelin MXW4 or something like that. They are no longer made. Personally, whenever I change these I will look for an all season touring tire that has an "open" style tread to better channel water away.

As far as balancing I take my wheels to my local Chevy dealer and have them Road Force balanced. Has worked well so far. I'm not a fan of liquid anything in my tires. Beads can be used as supplemental balancing material but tires must be weight balanced also because they require lateral balancing. Check out this link:

http://www.innovativebalancing.com/

I could not have said it better!! Discovered Road Force Balancing while trying to solve major vibration issues with my '06. Problem Solved!!! :xszpv: :xszpv:

Thanks for the responses. I’m Thinking about Michelin Premiers . I have them on my wife’s CRV and they seem to be a good tire. Anyone have any thoughts on that tire ?

You might pose this question over on the 'other forum', the more 'eyes' the more answers you might get. Having said that, I'm not a fan over there, jus sayin.....

Thanks for the responses. I’m Thinking about Michelin Premiers . I have them on my wife’s CRV and they seem to be a good tire. Anyone have any thoughts on that tire ?

I recently put em on and they seem to be doing fine. I've been caught in the rain a couple of times and they seem to channel the water pretty good. I run 22 in em when I'm solo and 24 when 2-up w/trailer. As others have stated, force balance is the way to go. I used dyna-beads and originally had a balance issue when I first mounted em. I broke back em down and moved from the yellow dot to the red dot mark at the valve stem, then added another 1/2 oz of beads. All was good from there on out. A force balance would have easily handled that and saved me time and work.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
astrocreep

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
astrocreep
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png