Old Wing or newer Venture?

Marc H

4250+ Posts
Dec 13, 2011
Evensville,Tn.
Those of you that have had a 1500 Goldwing and Venture what are your opinions of the two?There is an 01 triked in 13 with a Hannigan kit for sale.Owner passed in 13 and i'm not sure if it was triked before his passing or the wife had it done to ride herself.Under 50k miles.I was thinking of it being newer with independent suspension and longer might be a nice move.

I had a 93 wing with the straight axle Motor Trike kit,it was my first trike and I loved it. I rode about 15k in the 1 1/2 yrs that I owned it. It was trouble free and ran great,after all it was a Wing. I found a 08 RSV with 10k on it at a reasonable price and thought newer and low miles would be a good upgrade. All that being said,the main reason I traded was I’m 6’7 and more leg room was definitely a good thing. It did take some getting used to as the two motors are tuned differently,the Yamaha likes to rev.and if you don’t keep the rpm’s up it won’t run right.

It will get 3 or 4 mpg better than the Wing and has pretty much the same HP,so it will cruise all day long at 75/80 mph. As to the Hannigan kit,it is great,you will love the independent suspension. The ride is very smooth and stable and the easy steer makes it take corners like it’s on rails! Hannigan is a local company which was another selling point for me and anytime I’ve needed anything they were great to work with. If you have any questions feel free to ask and good luck with your decision.

Having both, the gl1500 has alot of power and smooth. However, I liked the RSV with feet out in front, instead of being tucked down beside you on the wing. Just my personal preference.

Both are great bikes, see if you can put fifty miles on each in back roads to see how you like them.

PS, if you choose the wing, please let me know the info on RSV, thanks.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png