Conceal Carry on bike?

I just went to a trike a month ago and I use the same ccw method as I used with my two wheeler. The gun pocket in my vest or in my jacket. However, I’ve always liked shoulder holsters so I’ve been carrying my gun, a S&W Governor, in a vertical Triple K shoulder holster and I have DeSantis horizontal holster coming. To me this is the most comfortable carry method for me. Adjusted properly the gun lies flat against my side and even just a long sleeve shirt conceals it. However a horizontal holster works good for me also. I prefer the shoulder holster because it’s comfortable and I can draw it easily sitting down or standing. My opinion only.

Any of you conceal carry wearing an Aerostitch Roadcrafter 1 piece suit, or Olympia Airglide pants and textile jackets?

My old department allows me to qualify yearly with either pistol, revolver, or both ... and if I do qualify, they add a sticker to my permit granted upon retirement, good then in all 50 under LEOSA 2004. I usually carry a P226 or 229 in a OWB holster under my forever untucked shirt ... and if on the trike or bike, under my jacket as well. In more recent years, I found a need to carry concealed with shirt tucked, so I use a frt pocket holster with a Ruger LC9 , a smallish 9mm pistol with single stack mag.

I have a cross the chest holster to fit my S&W M-27 8-3/8 .357 mag but while it is comfortable, it's a tad big. I used to wear it hunting. I have tried it on a trike ride and found that it is comfortable and presents the weapon for easy use... but when the group stops for vittles, it's "in the way", it becomes rather awkward then.

Occasionally, I have resorted to a boot top ankle holster for either the LC9 or my SP-101 2.25 compact revolver (5 shot)

I prefer either the P226 (9mm) or P229 (.357 sig) but they are full sixe weapons, one must wear a longish shirt untucked to conceal.

I find a shoulder holster very comfortable covering it with a vest as I almost always wear a vest. That is until summer with temps in the triple digits the whole setup just adds even more heat. But then hardly anything is comfortable here in summer. So I generally stick with my OWB setup with a T-shirt cover which is now okay in Texas. I only use extra long T's as well.

380 auto smith wesson

I carry a 380 auto smith wesson body guard in a wallet holster i have a permit for 36 states but carry in every state for my personal protection IT CANNOT BE SEEN IT LOOKS LIKE A WALLET

Attachments

• bg380_WhBkRh__34491.1481645979.500.659.jpg
    bg380_WhBkRh__34491.1481645979.500.659.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 280
Just get some 1/4 inch clear plastic tubing, fill it with some red or yellow fluid. Hang it out of the pouch, going into your shirt. Beleave me, no one will bother to ask.

That’s freakin’ hilarious!!

I’ll bet my bottom dollar nobody would ask! :laugh:

I carry OWB most of the time.

My son and I rode our Sportsters to the range two weeks ago...he had a rifle on his back. :D

I carry OWB most of the time.

My son and I rode our Sportsters to the range two weeks ago...he had a rifle on his back. :D

I'm not sure I could get away with that here. Our open carry law is written so screwy it's hard to know what is legal and what isn't.:mad::mad::mad:

AN ACT
relating to the authority of a person who is licensed to carry a
handgun to openly carry a holstered handgun; creating criminal
offenses.

Copied from above link:

We need to begin at the heading reading statutes, this is not applicable to anyone who does not have a CCP, if you are not licensed to carry, all of that doesn't apply to you.

Having a license can be a liability, you are held to a higher standard of care and responsibility, you will learn that going through any course.

I believe Tx has "Stand Your Ground" laws, you don't need a license, you just can't carry concealed, but you can carry.

No legal advice here, best to call the Rangers and ask how to transport a hand gun on your bike/trike, they will probably tell you.

No legal advice here, best to call the Rangers and ask how to transport a hand gun on your bike/trike, they will probably tell you.

Every time I am running thru a "new" state....It's the first call I make....State Police or Rangers if that applies. {I also politely ask who I'm talking to and refer to him by name during the call} Not real keen on trusting the internet sites.....jc

I'm not sure I could get away with that here. Our open carry law is written so screwy it's hard to know what is legal and what isn't.:mad::mad::mad:

Open carry of a long gun is legal in Texas. Open or concealed carry of a handgun requires a license, except, for some strange reason, shoulder holsters which are banned for open carry and must be concealed. Not sure if there's a age limit on the long gun, but I openly carried a .22 many a mile on a scooter as a teen.

Open carry of a long gun is legal in Texas. Open or concealed carry of a handgun requires a license, except, for some strange reason, shoulder holsters which are banned for open carry and must be concealed. Not sure if there's a age limit on the long gun, but I openly carried a .22 many a mile on a scooter as a teen.

Yep, I use a shoulder holster which is the primary reason it got confusing to me. Why they did what they did with it is beyond me. Ankle holster okay to open carry then? Guess so. Just seems dumb to confuse things like this.

Yep, I use a shoulder holster which is the primary reason it got confusing to me. Why they did what they did with it is beyond me. Ankle holster okay to open carry then? Guess so. Just seems dumb to confuse things like this.

This is what I read... sounds like shoulder holsters ARE legal for open carry...

As of January 1, 2016, holders of a Texas CHL or LTC are able to openly carry handguns in the same places that allow concealed carry with some exceptions. Openly carried handguns must be in a shoulder or belt holster.

This is what I read... sounds like shoulder holsters ARE legal for open carry...

As of January 1, 2016, holders of a Texas CHL or LTC are able to openly carry handguns in the same places that allow concealed carry with some exceptions. Openly carried handguns must be in a shoulder or belt holster.

OK. Time to dig into Vernon's Texas Statutes. It will have to wait until later today.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gdow5150

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gdow5150
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png