2008 honda goldwing 1500 stec

Hello have another question.Having trouble getting the trunk open previous owner said he removed the cover and bar to spray the mech.with penetrating oil, replaced the cover and could not get the trunk open after that.I have tried the coat hanger trick the bar doesn't want to move .Any suggestions

Hello have another question.Having trouble getting the trunk open previous owner said he removed the cover and bar to spray the mech.with penetrating oil, replaced the cover and could not get the trunk open after that.I have tried the coat hanger trick the bar doesn't want to move .Any suggestions

A 🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺 pac , :mob: , and a lot of patience !

There are 3 latches under the tour box. Left is to open left saddlebag. Right is to open right saddlebag. Center latch opens the tour box. When triked usually the left latch is used to open the trunk on the trike. If neither tour box or trunk on trike will open linkage or keyed lock on tour box is malfunctioning.

Just a thumbs up to your previous post :wave4:

I had to ask because I run 4 ad blockers on the browser and sometimes stuff vanishes.

He needs to open the trunk (tour box) on the Goldwing, the latch malfunctioned. I know most people use the coat hanger. The only other way I can thinking of getting to the lever from the bottom by removing the underside of the tour box to gain access to the latch. The plastic part may have broken.

I had to ask because I run 4 ad blockers on the browser and sometimes stuff vanishes.

He needs to open the trunk (tour box) on the Goldwing, the latch malfunctioned. I know most people use the coat hanger. The only other way I can thinking of getting to the lever from the bottom by removing the underside of the tour box to gain access to the latch. The plastic part may have broken.

Think you’re correct. Remove the lower panel under the tourpack and use a mirror to see the latch assembly and should be able to open the trunk :wave4:

Attached is the parts break down for the trunk. The large red arrow points to the bottom by removing this should give more space to catch the latch. A right angle screw driver is essential for disassembly. The red upright triangle point to the lock system and levers, and the sideways triangle points to the part that gets in trouble.

Attachments

• latch.jpg
    latch.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 179
Hello finaly got it opened removed the seat and made a hole in the backrest to unscrew the latch screws.Removed the cover he had replaced it with the rod on top of the release. works perfect now . Thanks for your help.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png