• It appears that you have unread Personal Messages - Please check your inbox!

recently bought 07 harley trike with motor trike conversion

Welcome to Trike-Talk....Ralph......:wave4:I can't help with the problem your having but i'm sure someone will come on soon with some help...

Recently got a Harley trike with Motor Trike conversion. Has a low speed "wobble" is best I can describe it. Would a steering damper solve this or is there a better why to solve it. Once your past about 15mph it is gone. Thanks for any advice

Ralph, Welcome to Trike Talk Forum.

Check your air pressure in the tires, run 20-22 psi in the rear and 38-40 psi in the front tire.

The wobble is caused by the rear suspension usually, so you might want to check all of the heim joints to be sure that none are loose.

Test ride to see if there is an improvement..........

If your does not have a raked EZ-Steer, you might consider having one installed. If it does have the raked tree, a damper will reduce the wobble.

Ralph, Welcome to Trike Talk Forum.

Check your air pressure in the tires, run 20-22 psi in the rear and 38-40 psi in the front tire.

The wobble is caused by the rear suspension usually, so you might want to check all of the heim joints to be sure that none are loose.

Dont buy the Dayton brand its for ****, i wasted money on that one, no resistance hardly whatsoever, bought one at swap meet for $20 best yet, and yet, i sometimes think i should do what an old outlaw i know does, takes a vw steering dampener and makes brackets an uses that on his rides, says it works and its cheap. Unknown factor to me. Best to ya Mr Mann.:clapping:

Welcome to Trike Talk

Air pressure first, check rear tires for out of round

Some low speed wobble can occur with minor runout

WOBBLE

I just put this custom cycle engineering steering damper system on my motor trike cost about 440.00 but took the wobble out IT IS ADJUSTABLE

Attachments

• 1395214866_Steering-Damper_468x380.jpg
    1395214866_Steering-Damper_468x380.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 208

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glockjock
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png