"soiled" Fingers

Reaction score
After an all day ride, the tips of my fingers are "soiled" (dark) from the clutch & break levers. I am thinking of coating these with a spray of lacquer, or urethane, or such. Suggestions ?

I wear gloves, All the time when I'm riding i feel naked without them, Guess its a habit from way back after hitting pavement without them...:Shrug:

Yep, riding gloves are the answer. All else fails and the gloves just don't work for ya, a hand spray with brake cleaner, then a soap wash. If you're allergic to brake cleaner or soap, then I don't have any suggestions.

Some people's perspiration can react with aluminum it seems.Mine is the same stuff the Alien drools.I wear gloves on even the hottest days.Maybe spraying the levers with a clearcoat will help.

I have a leather wrap on the levers of my Harley. They are like the picture below but without the laces hanging down. Been on the bike for 23 years.

images

There is something called Iron Braid - they cover your levers with braided leather, comes in all kinds of colors, with or without fringe.

braid.jpg

2Q==

2Q==

I dunno if clear coat is the answer here

Are your levers polished aluminum?

Have you tried polish and a good coat of wax?

I too always wear gloves, no matter how hot it is

reply to Thomas L

Hey Thomas L!!!

...I had same problem...replaced my levers with Harley chrome levers (Chrome Hand Control Lever Kit).............now, if you don't wear gloves, you just get sweaty hands with no nasty smut on fingers.....expensive but "NICE!" ........these levers do not tarnish and are easy to put on trike.

Cheers!

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wheeza
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png