Article: Side by Side Photos / 2018 GL1800 with CSC Encore

The DCT is impressive, more so than I expected. If I was buying a new Goldwing to convert, it would definitely be the DCT. The shifts are quick, solid and smooth. I can see how it beats the manual shift bike in drag race testing.

I "test rode" the one without the trunk, can't keep the models straight, and I was wowed ... like you said... quick, responsive, lots of fun.

I thought the big impressive thing with the new (18,19) wings was the front end. So, unless I missed something, why is CSC replacing it with theirs ... enquiring minds want to know ... guessing maybe a beef up for the trike ... same design, just stronger???

New 2019 GL1800 CSC Encore Trike

I thought this might happen one day. After reading all the recent posts by Papa Zook and others on the new CSC Encore Goldwing conversions, I have sold myself on the idea of taking the leap to a new CSC Encore Goldwing conversion.

The decision was easy knowing a few things:

First, I already own a 2009 Goldwing with a 2016 CSC Viper conversion. I could not be more pleased with the CSC trike conversion after almost 3 years of operation. The CSC trike handling is superb in all variations of elevations/terrain and weather conditions riding one or two up with gear. The components of the CSC kits are built to handle whatever you can throw at it. Body shell finishes are excellent. Routine maintenance is easy. I perform the maintenance even with my limited mechanical abilities.

Second, as a potential customer back in 2016, I had the opportunity to speak with CSC staff such as Dwight (in operations), Cassidy (in customer service) and Will (in tech support) on their conversion kits and their components. They were instrumental in helping me understand their products and all of the related accessories. CSC spent a lot of phone and email time educating me. They responded professionally, quickly and with a "Solid Good Customer Relationship" attitude. The CSC warranty is second to none in the industry. ThumbUp

Third, CSC manufactured and delivered the conversion kit, as originally scheduled, on time.

Fourth, the CSC conversion kit installer is very important. They are also instrumental in the total success of the CSC conversion. Now that (Papa Zook) Randy at Cut-N-Shoot Customs has acquired the skill set to perform the CSC conversion tasks, I know where to turn, in complere confidence, when it's time to do the project. ThumbUp

:Congrats: CSC on engineering and designing the Goldwing GL1800 Encore kit.

I know where to turn, in complere confidence, when it's time to do the project. ThumbUp

:Congrats: CSC on engineering and designing the Goldwing GL1800 Encore kit.

Better book early ... all evidence to the contrary ... Zook is a busy man .... If you're thinking this next winter ... I'd book now or this time next year you'll still be waiting ... LOL.

The attention to detail of the new model is outstanding. Love the little things like the trim piece on the foot boards .

Very nice video, had my eyes spinning over the speed though.

I'm wondering how many automatic GW are on the road now and what if any problems are reported with it. ?

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wheeza
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png