Ride on tire balance and sealant

sometimetoburn

May 24, 2016
Sac City, Iowa US
Has anyone out their tried this in your tires? getting ready to replace front tire on her and am going to try the Avon Cobra trike tire and thought as long as doing this might try the ride on in it as well. Have read good reviews on both so we will see how tire holds up on trike only 7,000 on front tire and its cupped bad.

I put it in all 3 tires. I thought I had a really smooth ride before I added it - but was very surprised that it smoothed out even more after adding the Ride-On. Don’t have enough mileage on the tires yet to see if there will be any odd wearing. One thing I noticed is that after having set a week or 2 - especially in cold weather - the stuff will settle somewhat and for the first 3 or 4 miles at highway speeds you’ll think something is wrong....just keep on riding and it redistributes itself throughout the tire and the ride smooths out just fine.

I also like the “feel good” of knowing I have half a chance at not having a flat.... that is, if the puncture is in the crown of the tire.

There are a few threads out here about Ride-On if you want to do a search on TrikeTalk.

I use it in all three of my trike tires since 2012, I recommend it. I do not know if does all the good stuff as promoted in the web site, I'm reasonably sure does some. I use it for peace of mind that if I pick up a nail screw, whatever, that the sealant will help me get to somewhere I can get a fix or a new tire. Now that is cheap insurance. The product has it's detractors, but if I think it works for me, that's all I care about.

Blueskys

I've used it on the last 4 front tires all were Bridgestone none were pre balanced all gave great performance and wear. If your getting cupping check the head and wheel bearings.

Not a thread hijack, but I'm really torn on my next front tire, 45 BT 45 (rear), or the MPA (rear), running the cobra trike tire now. Whatever I chose, it will have Ride On inside.

I have been using Ride on for about 8 years and 100 K. Two years ago, I had a tire stem cut and still made it 75 miles home. Last winter, I picked up a screw. It got soft but never flat enough to prevent the 40 mile ride home.Tire changers do not like it because they equate it to Slime. It washes out easily, unlike slime. I wouldn't want to go without it.

I put it in my 06 Wing and Loved it ... took all the weights off and it was smooth as silk. Traded the wing for the Tri shortly after that, so can't speak to longevity, but, there are many believers here and I trust the sites knowledge base.

PS, I'm gonna need a new set of tires before my trip in September ... they will get Ride on.

I have used RideOn for many, many years.

A few comments for those thinking of using it:

1. Make sure to follow directions to dispense the product into the tires.

2. Make sure you check your tires occasionlly for objects in them.

have unsealed (non-potted) electronics and therefore should avoid the use of our sealants.

Has anyone out their tried this in your tires? getting ready to replace front tire on her and am going to try the Avon Cobra trike tire and thought as long as doing this might try the ride on in it as well. Have read good reviews on both so we will see how tire holds up on trike only 7,000 on front tire and its cupped bad.
Some swear by it, not I.

I used it in my 1200's tires, balances good. Rear valve stem leaked, Ride on stopped leak but by then tire was low I rekon. I went to move it off center stand, could tell rear tire was really soft. Got it back on CS, check tire, dang near flat and I could see white stuff at rim edge on tire, like seaping out. Checked front, it too had some white stuff.

Well, I could see I needed to pull rear and swap in a new stem, what a mess I find inside. Took a good while, water, soap, brush, and a wire brush to get wheel lip clean. Finally got rim and tire innards clean, put in new short all metal valve stem and 3 or 4 ounces of Airsoft plastic 22 cal. BBs this time, and aired up after reinstall on bike. Then I took front wheel & tire off, dismounted it to find a mess as well and it never was "low". Another hour or so cleaning rim and tire, scrubbing, new all metal stem, remount, put in 3 ounces of the same BBs, aired up, and pitched the unopened Ride On kit into the trash.

To each, his own … but not even in my lawnmower will I ever put Ride On. Don't need the mess.

Just air …. and I'll deal with any punctures when they are found. Most all of my valve stems now are metal.

That sounds like you used way too much of the stuff. I won't defend the stuff though. When a person doesn't like something, for valid or invalid reason, you'll play heck changing their mind. I'm the same way about that Slime stuff.

That sounds like you used way too much of the stuff.
I just used exactly what the chart called for by tire size. :Shrug:

Oh, it stopped leaks well enough … it even stopped that leaking valve stem that was failing somehow, but oh, what a mess. I've had flats, but I felt them going soft. I've had sudden blowouts at speed in cars, but the damage to the tire then was well beyond Ride On's ability, would have had a flat anyway (like the trick UMWAs pulled cutting slots in the roadway and inserting mower blades edge up). Maybe without, I would have had a more noticeable leak get my attention?

Anyway, not arguing for or against, just relating experience I had. :cxtv:

I even think it might be great in a tubed tire like old MCs have? :confused:

Oh I'm not arguing and hope you don't think I am. I've just never seen a problem like that but certainly don't doubt it and I've never had to clean a rim up either. They say the stuff cleans up easy with water. Sounds like you are saying BS to that. I had a sudden air loss on mine once and there was nothing but powder left as I had to limp it 12 more miles to get to what I considered a safe spot so the tire got very hot flexing around. This was on bike too. Dunlop proved something to me that day that sold me on them. The guys that changed it didn't appreciate the fine powder either. Don't ever use Slime. That stuff does leave a terrible mess. I have had tires removed to change a TPMS sensor that stopped working and the stuff was just stuck to the outside portion of the tire. There I do think Ride-On is the cause of failure even though they claim it's safe. I think the moisture inside the tire gets to them but I'll keep the stuff for those smaller punctures anyway. I've had tank slappers and they are no fun at all. I actually look forward to triking for that very reason. I just wish it wasn't so expensive to convert.:(

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png