roadsmith rear tire alignment

Reaction score
I have a friend that has a 2007 gl1800 GW that was tricked back 2014 with a RoadSmith conversion . He is the second owner . when he got the trike back in 2015 the left rear tire was worn out on the inside side of the tire the right tire was in good shape so he replaced the tires with new ones he has 9500 miles on this set and the same thing has happened the left tire has worn down on the inside and the right tire is in good shape with a lot of tread left he is also running 32 PSI in the tires is there any kind of adjustment that can be done

I have a friend that has a 2007 gl1800 GW that was tricked back 2014 with a RoadSmith conversion . He is the second owner . when he got the trike back in 2015 the left rear tire was worn out on the inside side of the tire the right tire was in good shape so he replaced the tires with new ones he has 9500 miles on this set and the same thing has happened the left tire has worn down on the inside and the right tire is in good shape with a lot of tread left he is also running 32 PSI in the tires is there any kind of adjustment that can be done

Same answer as on the other board. :)

This sounds like a camber issue

I would contact Road smith directly first off

Like some cars that offer NO adjustment for rear camber, I have made shims to adjust it

Depending on the rear wheel bearing set up, if they bolt on you can loosen the bolts, slide in a shim and re torque the bolts;)

You will first want to use a level on the wheels , get a measurement from each side ( on level ground)

After you get your measurement you can figure how much of a change you need to make

Always re check your adjustment and compare your final readings

I hope this helps

Being that your friend is the second owner of this trike, I can only assume he is not certain of its' history. Meaning, was there any type of accident, impact, pot-hole that the left side experienced that the right side did not? Assuming that is not the case, I would suggest looking for a shock or spring issue on the affected side, or the possibility of a worn wheel bearing. In any case, please have the trike's mechanic call 800-331-0705 and ask for Mike. Between the two of them, they should be able to figure things out. I would not start messing with alignment adjustments quite yet.

Jim

I talked to RoadSmith today and got some real good info and my friend is going to call them tomorrow and hopefully set something up to get it in and have it looked at . thank you all for your replies.

I think you ought to talk your friend into joining TT . The best answer grape on the planet :clapping:

Being that your friend is the second owner of this trike, I can only assume he is not certain of its' history. Meaning, was there any type of accident, impact, pot-hole that the left side experienced that the right side did not? Assuming that is not the case, I would suggest looking for a shock or spring issue on the affected side, or the possibility of a worn wheel bearing. In any case, please have the trike's mechanic call 800-331-0705 and ask for Mike. Between the two of them, they should be able to figure things out. I would not start messing with alignment adjustments quite yet.

Jim

Thank you Jim, for coming on with your answers, (although I really have no wood in this fire) I really like the idea of having the Roadsmith guys coming on and giving us their answers/suggestions....This is why I also own a Roadsmith model trike...:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping: Thanks Jim!

Ronnie

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Obsidian
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png