Progressive springs & Bitubo shocks or FST cartridges & Bitubo shocks

dannymax

Jan 11, 2018
Upper Hudson Valley, NY
Progressive springs & Bitubo shocks or FST cartridges & Bitubo shocks

Wondering if anyone has feedback on the above combinations. I'm looking at DK's Total Suspension Packages I & II. Think the Bitubo shocks are a definite but back & forth on the front end, whether to go with Progressive springs or FST cartridges

Seen huge changes in the past on 2-wheelers by going with Progressive springs and maybe a reduced weight fork oil, does this hold true for the Freewheeler? Anyone running them, and is anyone running the Prog spring/Bitubo shock combo?

My 2017 FW is all stock, suspension wise. I'm happy with the performance of the front end. Just curious, what are your big complaints?

I'm like the fact that the front end doesn't nose dive during hard braking.

My 2017 FW is all stock, suspension wise. I'm happy with the performance of the front end. Just curious, what are your big complaints?

I'm like the fact that the front end doesn't nose dive during hard braking.

The nose stays nice and flat during braking but the ride is too rough, tar seams and potholes, even the shallow ones, are really harsh. I dropped the rear tire pressure down to 22# today and that made a noticeable difference but the front was still beating me up on road surface imperfections....of which there are many! Just hoping to soften it up as much as possible.

Oh, and dropped shock pressure to 16# also.

Reactions: MDO
20# worked well on most of the main roads around here but my wife & I like to roam on the more rural roads and they are just too rough, trying to stay in a comfortable position takes most of the fun out of seeing new countryside. I'm sure I'm giving up a some handling with the reduced pressure in the rear tires and shocks and hoping there's something out there that will give me both the handling and comfort we want.

The FST technology fork cartridge system sounds very interesting... You can view the details on the FST Fork Cartridge System HERE

I have DK's Twin Adjustable shocks on the back of my 2015 Freewheeler. Night and day over the HD air shocks. I like that I can adjust the dampening easily.

I have DK's Twin Adjustable shocks on the back of my 2015 Freewheeler. Night and day over the HD air shocks. I like that I can adjust the dampening easily.

I'm pretty well convinced I'm going with the Bitubo Twin Adjustable shocks, thanks for the feedback on them. Did you do anything with the front suspension on your '15 FW?

I haven't done anything to the front yet. If I was going to do the rears again I will go with the Pro Action shocks. I talked to them at Daytona and it looks like a much better shock the Twins. I was low on funds when I did the Twins.

Thanks for the info.

The Pro-Action shock looks nice for sure altho DK said during their testing none of the riders could see any difference in ride quality between the Bitubos and Pro-Action....so I figured if they couldn't see any difference, neither could I. :xzqxz:

Finished the suspension upgrading front & rear and a little test riding in, both solo & 2-up and the ride/handling is totally different than before. I have everything geared towards a softer, more comfortable ride but find handling still far superior to the stock set up. I did raise the forks just a smidge in the trees so that is probly contributing somewhat but over all I am very pleased with the outcome. Steering is easier, turn in is quicker, more stable and the ride is much, much more pleasant.....just what I was hoping to achieve.

Final set up - Bitubo Twin Adjustable rear shocks purchased at and preset by DK based on weight & ride patterns I furnished (they did an excellent job too, I installed them with the exact settings provided and they were spot on....nice job DK! :clapping:)

-Progressive FST Asymetric Monotube Fork Cartridge System, a new concept in fork technology and tremendous improvement over stock.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png