front wheel on a road smith

bluewinger2000

Reaction score
I am replacing my front brakes on my friends 2007 GL1800 with the RoadSmith conversion on it when i took the rotor covers off of the left side there is a metal bracket the goes from the top of the brake calipers pivet point to the bottom. do they use this as a way to stop the anti dive from working . i have seen this on another Roadsmith conversion

I think you're seeing the bracket that holds the rotor covers in place. Maybe i'm not picturing it correctly but I can tell you it does not stop the anti dive from working. Can you post a picture?

I called RoadSmith and they told me it is there to stop the secondary brake caliper from working becaues they do not use the brake linking system on the Road Smith.

I called RoadSmith and they told me it is there to stop the secondary brake caliper from working becaues they do not use the brake linking system on the Road Smith.

When was your bike converted? Mine was converted in 2011 and I don't think that's the way they did mine. Just curious.

I know mine isn't mechanically locked because I have moved it manually.

I can not speak to all GL1800 Roadsmith conversions but I do know my 2015 conversion has that strap and that is exactly what it's for.

I can not speak to all GL1800 Roadsmith conversions but I do know my 2015 conversion has that strap and that is exactly what it's for.

Guess I'd better take another look. I was under the impression they simply crimped off line to rear from front master cylinder. Also thought the secondary master cylinder controlled the anti dive valve. :confused:

Later...….

Well, looked through the installation instructions and when it came to that bracket it said see photo #21. But photo #21 is not in my instructions. They skip over it. Guess I'll pull the rotor covers in the next few days and find our what mine actually has.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png