255's and Trikes

Ed H

60+ Posts
Jan 1, 2018
Milton Mills NH
Anyone running 255's in a 103 trike?

How do the perform?

Are you happy with them?

I have always run after market cams, I/E Andrews and Woods.

In order to maintain my warranty I need to stay with S/E.

Anyone running 255's in a 103 trike?

How do the perform?

Are you happy with them?

I have always run after market cams, I/E Andrews and Woods.

In order to maintain my warranty I need to stay with S/E.
I thought that is what is in the new 14 and new trikes I have the old version an 09. not sure what year you are looking at. :Shrug: a few years ago the big thing ws TTS 100 cams low end torque the pulled steady through out the rpm range. travel safe Fred

I thought that is what is in the new 14 and new trikes I have the old version an 09. not sure what year you are looking at. :Shrug: a few years ago the big thing ws TTS 100 cams low end torque the pulled steady through out the rpm range. travel safe Fred

The Andrews 57H is one hard pulling cam. From about 1800 rpm on it gets out like a home sick angel.

Woods 222 is a top end cam, go like hell, 80 in 5th and still one gear to go.

My tike is a 16 is not the HO engine so I am thinking it has stock 103 cams in it.

I’ve been running that cam in my 2010 trike for probably 6/more years, very happy with

it and no issues.

Dealer installed and they claim they will stand behind it.

My mileage varies considerably depending on WX and my throttle hand but I consistently

get mid/high 30’s per gal - I did get 41 several times on some long trips.

JMO - Go for it!

:)

FWIW, I am more than happy with the performance of the stock internals on the 103 in my 2014 trike and I have no idea what cams are in it.

Years back I installed the SE255 cams in my '07 Ultra and it really woke that 96ci up, especially in the 2K-4K rpm range. So, when I went to the 2014 TriGlide I sort of had it in my mind that I might do the same. In it's stock configuration it sort of felt like somebody was choking it. But, after improving the stock 103's ability to inhale and exhale with bolt on stuff and a Power Vision, it has way more pull than my '07 ever had, even after the cams. I can accelerate up hills or pass and never run out of throttle, even pulling my Lees-ure Lite camper. Given the weight and drag differences between the trike and the bike, that impressed me.

IMHO, I wouldn't crack open the cam chest until you have done some of the easy stuff first. Talk to Kevin at DK Customs and he will definitely hook you up with some bolt on goodies that will improve your stock 103's performance. I suspect that you will be pleasantly surprised, as I was.

Gary

FWIW, I am more than happy with the performance of the stock internals on the 103 in my 2014 trike and I have no idea what cams are in it.

Years back I installed the SE255 cams in my '07 Ultra and it really woke that 96ci up, especially in the 2K-4K rpm range. So, when I went to the 2014 TriGlide I sort of had it in my mind that I might do the same. In it's stock configuration it sort of felt like somebody was choking it. But, after improving the stock 103's ability to inhale and exhale with bolt on stuff and a Power Vision, it has way more pull than my '07 ever had, even after the cams. I can accelerate up hills or pass and never run out of throttle, even pulling my Lees-ure Lite camper. Given the weight and drag differences between the trike and the bike, that impressed me.

When I had my Heritage 96" I did Andrews 48's, talk about stump pulling Tq. Unreal, even two up and loaded for a trip she pulled her heart out for me.

IMHO, I wouldn't crack open the cam chest until you have done some of the easy stuff first. Talk to Kevin at DK Customs and he will definitely hook you up with some bolt on goodies that will improve your stock 103's performance. I suspect that you will be pleasantly surprised, as I was.

Gary

I have already completed the stage one with S/E air and 4" Rhineharts that I took off my Ultra. I did the PC V due to my ignorance and inability to follow directions with computers. Fuel Moto will send me all the maps I need. The current

map is good for now.

When I had my Heritage 96" I did Andrews 48's, talk about stump pulling Tq. Unreal, even two up and loaded for a trip she pulled her heart out for me.

All Harley Touring/Trike models from 2014 thru 2016 have the HO 103 engine. Except for the CVO models, of course.:)

I have installed a SE air cleaner, V&H Power Duals headers, and V&H Twin Slash mufflers on my 2015 Tri-Glide. Tuned with a Power Vision and mapping from Fuel Moto. These mods have made a huge difference in performance. According to Fuel Moto's dyno charts, this set-up puts out more HP & TQ than a stock M8 107. I am quite pleased with the results.

I’ve been running that cam in my 2010 trike for probably 6/more years, very happy with

it and no issues.

Dealer installed and they claim they will stand behind it.

My mileage varies considerably depending on WX and my throttle hand but I consistently

get mid/high 30’s per gal - I did get 41 several times on some long trips.

JMO - Go for it!

:)

The service manager at my dealership is a good dude. He says I can put in S/E cams and not worry about warranty. When I say "I" he will let me install them and still keep warranty. Other wise I would go with after mkt.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png