Too Hot here!!!!

Oct 11, 2017
Somewhere,Texas USA
Unbelievably Hot here in Texas now!!!!!!! ....To hot to ride....109 Degrees today!!!!

.....was considering buying another set of Love Jugs Mighty Mite fans and mounting them to my riding hat, but I couldn't find proper mounting brackets!!!!

...... (just kidding).

......and the HOT air pollution now around here can give one a lite nose bleed too!

:sneakydevil:Later!

I feel your pain. 104 here today. Trike is NOT being ridden. Supposed to be hot? Yes. But not usual to be over 100 this early in the game. Week after next looks like low to mid 90s, which is usual. 104 degree air at 70 mph is still 104 degree air.

I feel your pain. We just got back from the Deadwood Three Wheel Rally - left July 6th, so 16 days on the road and my wife counted 9 days of at least 100 degree heat. Some days were 102 and 103. Coming into La Junta, CO, day before yesterday it was 105 and stayed 105 all day. Not fun but at least it was dry heat, lol.

Hot is hot, my brother in Arizona is always sayin it is a dry heat

I told him to stick his head in an oven Now that is a dry heat:p

I feel for y'all any thing at or over 100 gets too hot to ride and enjoy it

I see that Wichita Falls TX hit 110* today. Right now it is 109 there. I sure hope HogCowboy is ok. We’re supposed to have 105 tomorrow in Midland and 107 Monday, then a break to the 90’s. Oh well...that’s what air conditioners and ice are for.:flame::blowup::pepsi:

I see that Wichita Falls TX hit 110* today. Right now it is 109 there. I sure hope HogCowboy is ok. We’re supposed to have 105 tomorrow in Midland and 107 Monday, then a break to the 90’s. Oh well...that’s what air conditioners and ice are for.:flame::blowup::pepsi:

Now youse guys are bragging......:laugh:

Our trike is loaded on the trailer ready to hook up behind the motorhome early this next week for a trip to SE Minnesota camping and exploring along the Mississippi river for a few days. So we took the old convertible out for a Saturday afternoon getaway. A group of about 100 bikes and trikes showed up at the bar and grill where we had stopped for lunch and a beer. They were on a group ride with stops at about 6 different bars. Great day for riding around here as the temp only got to the low 80's. As we were driving home about 8:30 this evening we almost stopped and put the top up on the car as when the sun was going down the temp had dropped into the mid 60's. Seeing all the comments about current temps in Texas I know why we wait until winter to spend a few months down there riding in the Hill Country.

Have a great summer everyone.

Our trike is loaded on the trailer ready to hook up behind the motorhome early this next week for a trip to SE Minnesota camping and exploring along the Mississippi river for a few days. So we took the old convertible out for a Saturday afternoon getaway. A group of about 100 bikes and trikes showed up at the bar and grill where we had stopped for lunch and a beer. They were on a group ride with stops at about 6 different bars. Great day for riding around here as the temp only got to the low 80's. As we were driving home about 8:30 this evening we almost stopped and put the top up on the car as when the sun was going down the temp had dropped into the mid 60's. Seeing all the comments about current temps in Texas I know why we wait until winter to spend a few months down there riding in the Hill Country.

Have a great summer everyone.

Yeah but it can get hot in North Dakota too. I remember being in Dickinson several years ago when the temp was well over 100 - don't recall the exact number but it was HOT!

Yeah, doing okay considering the heat and the fact I'm shoveling dirt by hand in this crap. Would normally just dump it out of my frontend loader but needed it in just the right spots. It was awful though. 110º or 109.7 if you sweat(ha ha ha) the small stuff. Thanks for wondering though. I did stay in it too long. Got where I wanted to chuck so inside I went where I stayed the rest of the day.

index.php
0W3QLp5.jpg

Here's proof it's hot alright.

37305677_1920437541348316_8734457913638125568_n.jpg

Yeah but it can get hot in North Dakota too. I remember being in Dickinson several years ago when the temp was well over 100 - don't recall the exact number but it was HOT!

We just came out of temps in mid - high 90's. June was the 4th hottest on record and seemed like a typical mid - late July usual temps. It's been in the 100's in western ND a fair amount already this summer too.

Hot is hot, my brother in Arizona is always sayin it is a dry heat

I told him to stick his head in an oven Now that is a dry heat:p

I feel for y'all any thing at or over 100 gets too hot to ride and enjoy it

....Jack has it right again = "Dry heat is HEAT!".....at 109 temp, they aren't measuring the added heat from the asphalt road that's bouncing back at you as you ride, or the added heat from that engine your sitting on either.........................AND guess whats up if you hit a traffic snarl????? = "Your TOAST!" :angry2: (hard to stay hydrated properly at temps near and over 100 Degrees on Harley at 70 mph too for me anyway)

Cheers!

Yep, it's nicer to ride in cooler weather. Hottest I've ridden in is 114*. I don't prefer it, but does not bother me too much....I stay well hydrated. Mary, on the other hand, starts getting pretty uncomfortable at anything over 97* or so.

She has a cool vest, but has been known to get a 5 lbs. bag of ice and set it on her lap when it starts getting over 105*. :laugh:

btw, a 5 lbs. bag of ice, with a hole poked in it, leaking out cold water, will last about 1.5 hours. :D

Kevin

reply to Kevin

Yep, it's nicer to ride in cooler weather. Hottest I've ridden in is 114*. I don't prefer it, but does not bother me too much....I stay well hydrated. Mary, on the other hand, starts getting pretty uncomfortable at anything over 97* or so.

She has a cool vest, but has been known to get a 5 lbs. bag of ice and set it on her lap when it starts getting over 105*. :laugh:

btw, a 5 lbs. bag of ice, with a hole poked in it, leaking out cold water, will last about 1.5 hours. :D

Kevin

...I keep wife in an ice vest (last about 1.5 hrs) or a water vest which lasts even less time before it dries and she has to just pour water all over it....she starts to fail in the heat from low to mid 90 degrees.......(I'm ok to much higher degrees, but that don't mean I like it!!!!.... 'cauzzz I DON"T!!!!.......So I just throw water on my shirt as needed) ....I tried wearing a water vest to keep cool but it dries too fast and then it crawls up on my fat pot belly! = "NO LIKEE!" :mad:

.....Hadn't thought about getting her a 5 lbs. bag of ice with holes to put in her lap = damn good idea!!!!!

Thanks Dude for the info!!!!

Cheers!

...I keep wife in an ice vest (last about 1.5 hrs) or a water vest which lasts even less time before it dries and she has to just pour water all over it....she starts to fail in the heat from low to mid 90 degrees.......(I'm ok to much higher degrees, but that don't mean I like it!!!!.... 'cauzzz I DON"T!!!!.......So I just throw water on my shirt as needed) ....I tried wearing a water vest to keep cool but it dries too fast and then it crawls up on my fat pot belly! = "NO LIKEE!" :mad:

.....Hadn't thought about getting her a 5 lbs. bag of ice with holes to put in her lap = damn good idea!!!!!

Thanks Dude for the info!!!!

Cheers!

Yeah, it works for her. Just one little drain hole in the bags (she puts the bag of ice in a plastic shopping type bag) and the ice cold water from the melted ice gets her legs and keeps here cool..well, cooler. lol

Kevin

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neil wright

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neil wright
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png