• It appears that you have unread Personal Messages - Please check your inbox!

Few questions, Tach and fork Id (Year)

Reaction score
Hi I am new to the forum and trikes. I loved the beetle when I was younger, had motorcycles on and off since I started driving. When I seen this trike Trike LT.jpg I had to have it. So would like to use original motorcycle tach, is it possible and how to change rpm output of a VW to motorcycle? What is the year of these CB 750 honda forks Trike Front.jpg Thanks Trike Back.jpg P.S. the guard is just setting there for a photo I needed for insurance photo

Hi I am new to the forum and trikes. I loved the beetle when I was younger, had motorcycles on and off since I started driving. When I seen this trike View attachment 59674 I had to have it. So would like to use original motorcycle tach, is it possible and how to change rpm output of a VW to motorcycle? What is the year of these CB 750 honda forks View attachment 59675 Thanks View attachment 59676 P.S. the guard is just setting there for a photo I needed for insurance photo

Yep on the guard, When i had a dune buggy a thousand years ago, Every time i went though inspection i had to cover the engine with chicken wire...Exposed engines are a no-no.......

And By the way,,,....Welcome to Trike -Talk...Leo........:wave4:

Hi Leo, welcome to the forums, can't give any VW advice but hope you enjoy it here.

Does the neck still have the Honda vin number?

That would lead you to the year model.

Does the signal or head light have the dot registration year on them? That would be at least close to year model sold as.

Unlikely the motorcycle tach would read right. The motorcycle had a coil pack and electronic ignition where the vw had a distributor and a single coil.

You could find a schematic on the Honda and identify the wiring and give it a try though. Dont know if it would read correct or half or quarter speed. I would have to see the schematic of the internals of the Honda ignition box to tell that....and I have never seen that info anywhere.

You could put the motorcycle ignition on the vw, but that is also a bit more advanced than most people will take on. But anything can be done if you want to bad enough......I am running ford ignition on my vw.......so....living proof to "if you want to bad enough "

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glockjock
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png