Trailer for a reverse trike?

TK1

What is your outside wheel width in front, I will measure mine and see how far forward it can be. That could affect the tongue weight and could create a problem.

TK1

I don't think it will work. The deck on mine is 63 inches wide and the front where the shield starts is 61 and gets less than that real quick. The shield starts 30 inches from the front so your wheels would be about 30 inches back from the front of the trailer or tool box. The center of the front wheels would be about 40 to 42 inches from the front. My wheelchock stops my front wheel about 12 inches from the tool box and the center of the wheel on the floor is about 21 inches, that gives me between 150 to 200 pounds hitch weight, I can lift it but it's heavy. I think the trailer would be too short and if it would fit in length you might have to carry a couple flour sacks full of gold up front to get the hitch weight heavy enough to prevent sway. Look at some of the square front Aluma trailers, I think you would like the fit better. I don't know where you are located but I picked mine up at Becker Auto in Beloit Kansas. Hope this gives you some good ideas.

Couldn't you back it on?

He could i guess, But i would think that the windshield/fairing would take a terrible beating...

especially at hi-way speeds...:Shrug:

You do not want to do that at all unless you removed the windshield. And that is a bit of a pain.

A Spyder fits and looks like there is still room in the rear. I'd measure front wheel to rear and see if you can fit it on without going all the way to the nose of the trailer.

iu

You do not want to do that at all unless you removed the windshield. And that is a bit of a pain.

A Spyder fits and looks like there is still room in the rear. I'd measure front wheel to rear and see if you can fit it on without going all the way to the nose of the trailer.

iu

Where did you get this picture? I measured my TK1 and measured a Spyder and decided it would not fit far enough forward thanks to the way the shields come around. Might be the way the picture is but it looks like there wouldn’t be much protection from the shields for the Spyder. I’m thinking my shields and integrated tool box come up higher than this pic affording more protection. Just curious.

TK1 vs MC210

Look at the MC210 trailer, it is made to haul 2 motorcycles side by side so it is wider and the shield is wider. The ramp may not be as wide as the TK1 but it is wide enough to load a trike. I know that because that is what Cowboy Trikes used before they closed. It may not be as wide as the Endeavor Kit, but I bet you can find the specs at AlumaKLM.com. I looked it up, the ramp is 63 inches wide Aluma MC210. The price where I bought my TK1 is $2895.00.

Where did you get this picture? I measured my TK1 and measured a Spyder and decided it would not fit far enough forward thanks to the way the shields come around. Might be the way the picture is but it looks like there wouldn’t be much protection from the shields for the Spyder. I’m thinking my shields and integrated tool box come up higher than this pic affording more protection. Just curious.

It was just the first image that came up when I googled TK1 to see what was being talked about. But you are right, the angle of the picture can distort things. Measurements will be the only way to go or better yet find one you can try out, which might be a little hard unfortunately.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png