Stallion Trike Mods

Re: Stallion Modifications/turn indicators

Here is my solution to the no see um turn indicators. Installed this PM. Bought a Pilot red Glo-Pods 2 piece kit at Pep boys, cost of $23 for the pair. Part # CZ252R They are super bright, 6 leds on each oval pod.
Installation was as follows. Attached led pods to lower inside mirror housing, on each side, with velcour. Next task is splice into the turn signal wiring. Since the original factory wire has only 2 in. or so slack, you need to splice in an extension wire. I did ask Jeff Vey WHY the wire is so short, his response does not bear repeating. (totally BS).
You will need to break away the mirrors to access the short wires. Remove amber lens. I drilled a tiny hole in bottom of mirror housing to route the led wire inside. Be careful, the led wire needs to be attached to correct wires, or they will not work. It is also a tiny, fragile wire, solder and heat shrink everything. A bit of wire is on bottom of mirror housing, but my Baker wings hide it pretty well. Reattach the mirrors. A bit of KY on the posts helps a lot.
Result, turn signal LED indicators are quite visible in bright sunlight.
TBMS could fix this design defect if they wanted to. Maybe some better engineers would be a start.:yes:

Re: Stallion Modifications

I Like both Ideas...

BenO: Because of my height the Mirrors view is too low and has big blind spots. To fix this I stold the GoldWing's add on mirror ideal and place their bind view mirror on top of my current mirrors and this now gives a full view now. ... LED arrows on my mirrors

Road Runner: Pilot red Glo-Pods

If you can post some photos.

I was thinking of putting some red LED's behind the glass mirror so the dark area around the Mirror would be framed in red when the lights flash. I haven't fugured out how to get behind the mirror yet.

Last edited:

I did a mod like Road Runner except I used loud (but not toooo loud) beepers from Radio Shack.
so that when I turn on my turn signals they beep at me, one for each side.
http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu220/red-blue-silver-devil/turnsignalbeeper3.jpg
http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu220/red-blue-silver-devil/turnsignalbeeper1.jpg

another mod I did was put in a relay so that the lights (tail,head) only work with the key on.
you can leave the headlight sw on all the time, only works with key.

Last edited:

I did a mod like Road Runner except I used load (but not toooo loud) beepers from Radio Shack.
so that when I turn on my turn signals they beep at me, one for each side.
http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu220/red-blue-silver-devil/turnsignalbeeper3.jpg
http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu220/red-blue-silver-devil/turnsignalbeeper1.jpg

another mod I did was put in a relay so that the lights (tail,head) only work with the key on.
you can leave the headlight sw on all the time, only works with key.

At what speed do you no longer hear these beepers?

about 60 or 70 MPH, I know you won't hear them at 100.
if I have the radio on too load maybe less.
if you use bright LED's and place them in the right spot it may be better.
I had the beepers so that is what I used

I’m more of a visual person. This is what I came up with.
LED Lights on the edge of the housing Mirror.

Inspired by:
YouTube - L.E.D Blinker Install On Burgman 650 Mirror
Using this idea, I used Oznium flex strips 5” long and attached them to the edge of the mirror housing.
LEDs - Ribbon Thin, Flexible, Waterproof & Bright LED Strips
by removing the turn signal lens I drilled a hole to run the wires and connected them at the wire connector inside the mirror housing. They are easy to see during the day and more fun at night.
The sticky back worked ok in the center I ended up using contact cement in the corners.

I discovered the trunk release on the Stallion is electric but not wired up.

As much as I’m in and out of the trunk I’d like to hook up so I don’t need the key. I’ll use a button for now and when I put the alarm system in I will set it up on the remote.

The connector for the electric trunk release is three wire. Does anyone know how this is wired? What wire goes where?

I got a connector for it, I just need to figure out the wiring. I know how to wire it up with two wires, but what is the third connector for?

Sorry the photo is out of focus, the camera was too close. Not much room in the trunk for me.

Hey Bill that must be on a new one and a change. My unit 406 does not have that release. My Ford police car has an electric trunk release I'll see tomorrow how many wires are there and see if I can help you.

Re: Stallion Modifications, Stebel air horn added

every bike I have ever had except the 1st 2 had an air horn added. so the last 12 bikes had an air horn and now the Stallion has one.
the Stebel air horn is the most compact and works good on motorcycles, I also have one on my Ninja 650R

I want to be heard when I have the need to honk the horn.

now the fun thing on the Stallion is you can not get to the regular horn so wiring the Stebel was going to be fun. 2 of my daughters live within 10 miles of TBMS and since I was going to be there for Thanksgiving I got there a day early and went over to TBMS and got Nick to find out how to wire in a new horn, once you know how it is easy.

Re: Stallion Modifications, Stebel air horn added

Okay you did a great job of what but no how. Where did you mount the horn and how did Nick show you to wire it? Thanks, I'm looking forward to this mod.

how did Nick show me? have you ever been to TBMS and see the assembly line for the Stallion? Nick and I went out to the assembly line and got a few of the guys that work there to show me where the horn wire comes out of the fuse panel under the seat.

OK pull the back rest and pull the seat and lift the cover for the fuse panel, there are 4 big connectors that plug into the fuse panel, 3 on the front side that go from front to back and 1 on the back left corner that goes side to side(this is the connector you want)(BROWN connector)

there are 2 sets of wires coming out of the plug to the left side of the Stallion, the alarm wire is on the left bundle of wires and the horn wire is on the right side bundle as you are standing on the left side of the Stallion looking in.
the wire for the horn is a blue wire with a white strip and goes into pin 30 of the plug. that wire goes to 12V when the horn honks and 0V when all is quiet.

by the pic's you can see that the horn is mounted on the frame for the steering box and also in the front/right side of the antifreeze plastic container
the relay is mounted on the back/left side of the antifreeze container.

the wires are a ground and a hot from the fuse panel(hot when horn honks) to pull the relay.
the hot wire to the horn goes thru the relay to +12v mounted just below the relay. when you honk the horn and pull the relay the air horn will honk also.

pull the air cleaner out to give room and you see the fuse/relay box under the hood with a plate and 2 screws on the back side, this is +12V all the time. you can see the big wires feeding that plate so there is plenty of juice to pull the new horn. I ran the hot wire to the relay from here.

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu220/red-blue-silver-devil/stebelairhorn2.jpg

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu220/red-blue-silver-devil/stebelrelay.jpg

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu220/red-blue-silver-devil/stebelairhorn.jpg

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu220/red-blue-silver-devil/connecterforALARM-HORN.jpg

have fun and good luck and make lots of noise...................

Last edited:

Great Mod! Do you think you can copy that info off to a seperate thread to make it easyer to find? Great work!

Actually i feel the thread is long enough also. The last mod should be moved to a second modification thread, that should be started and this one lock for review only now.

I half cent worth...

Stallion Mods - Part 2

We had such great ideas and posts on the last Stallion modification thread we decided to start another one to make it easy to find great archived ideas. This site is becoming a great clearing house of information for the Stallion. Thanks to all who have spent time taking pictures and writing posts, but most of all finding the answers to the questions we all have asked but just cannot seem to find.

Post your ideas, and research for Stallion Modifications here.

Mounting/Wiring Airhorn

I was ask as to how Nick at TBMS showed me about some wiring on the Stallion so:

how did Nick show me? have you ever been to TBMS and see the assembly line for the Stallion? Nick and I went out to the assembly line and got a few of the guys that work there to show me where the horn wire comes out of the fuse panel under the seat.

OK pull the back rest and pull the seat and lift the cover for the fuse panel, there are 4 big connectors that plug into the fuse panel, 3 on the front side that go from front to back and 1 on the back left corner that goes side to side(this is the connector you want)(BROWN connector)

there are 2 sets of wires coming out of the plug to the left side of the Stallion, the alarm wire is on the left bundle of wires and the horn wire is on the right side bundle as you are standing on the left side of the Stallion looking in.
the wire for the horn is a blue wire with a white strip and goes into pin 30 of the plug. that wire goes to 12V when the horn honks and 0V when all is quiet.

by the pic's you can see that the horn is mounted on the frame for the steering box and also in the front/right side of the antifreeze plastic container
the relay is mounted on the back/left side of the antifreeze container.

the wires are a ground and a hot from the fuse panel(hot when horn honks) to pull the relay.
the hot wire to the horn goes thru the relay to +12v mounted just below the relay. when you honk the horn and pull the relay the air horn will honk also.

pull the air cleaner out to give room and you see the fuse/relay box under the hood with a plate and 2 screws on the back side, this is +12V all the time. you can see the big wires feeding that plate so there is plenty of juice to pull the new horn. I ran the hot wire to the relay from here.

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu220/red-blue-silver-devil/stebelairhorn2.jpg

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu220/red-blue-silver-devil/stebelrelay.jpg

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu220/red-blue-silver-devil/stebelairhorn.jpg

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu220/red-blue-silver-devil/connecterforALARM-HORN.jpg

have fun and good luck and make lots of noise...................

Re: Stallion Modification Part 2

silverdevil i know this is a tough question but what would be your guess on how much louder the stebel is versus stock horn.maybe a percentage?

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timetraveller

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timetraveller
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png