12 volt outlet???

Greg336

Sep 19, 2017
Clinton Township Michigan usa
I bought a 2008 a week ago, can any one tell me if there is a 12 volt outlet on it someplace that I haven't seen? I would like to plug in my Garmin GPS to it. If there isn't I will have to try and install one myself.

Greg

If it’s a Tri Glide, use the cig lighter outlet. It’s only energized when running. :Shrug:

As usual I didn’t read past the forest ! Don’t know stallion’s.:whoopin:

I bought a 2008 a week ago, can any one tell me if there is a 12 volt outlet on it someplace that I haven't seen? I would like to plug in my Garmin GPS to it. If there isn't I will have to try and install one myself.

Greg

Greg no they did not come with one. Most of us installed one to the left of the steering wheel and above right of the radio controller. Right behind that location in the engine compartment and under the air filter is a HOT 12v post that you can grab the + power from. Be sure to use an inline fuse. Also there are a few places around that area to pickup a ground at. A marine grade power outlet would be advised.

Greg no they did not come with one. Most of us installed one to the left of the steering wheel and above right of the radio controller. Right behind that location in the engine compartment and under the air filter is a HOT 12v post that you can grab the + power from. Be sure to use an inline fuse. Also there are a few places around that area to pickup a ground at. A marine grade power outlet would be advised.

Thanks for the information and location, I have also been a boater for over 20 years so yes I will be looking into the marine grade outlet.

View attachment 60019 For some reason I cannot get this photo to rotate? My lighter plug is under the steering wheel. Tomg

Thanks for the picture. I took my Stallion to my mechanic today for the first time just to show it to him and told him about this. I wonder if this is standard or not but the guy I bought mine from had Velcro pads all over this thing for one thing or another. Anyway my mechanic was looking it over and pulled back one of the pads. Just above the gas pedal on mine there is a 12 volt outlet with a cover on it. Does anyone else out there have one of these installed on theirs's in this location?

What the heck is a Stallion?

Sorry I never heard of a Stallion Harley, or Goldwing???????????

****I'm an older guy that has never heard of many of these NEW fangled motorcycle models**** What company makes it?? :confused::confused:

Ronnie

What the heck is a Stallion?

Sorry I never heard of a Stallion Harley, or Goldwing???????????

****I'm an older guy that has never heard of many of these NEW fangled motorcycle models**** What company makes it?? :confused::confused:

Ronnie

Burnerboy, if you do a search "Stallion Trike" you can read all kind of info on them including videos on Youtube. Also you can do a search under "Thoroughbred Motorsports."

Burnerboy, if you do a search "Stallion Trike" you can read all kind of info on them including videos on Youtube. Also you can do a search under "Thoroughbred Motorsports."

here mine

asset.php

View attachment 60019 For some reason I cannot get this photo to rotate? My lighter plug is under the steering wheel. Tomg

Did you install the lighter plug or have it installed? If you installed it or maybe you can answer this for me, how do you remove the panel that your lighter plug is installed in? Also is that a speaker in the picture above the plug? If it is a speaker, is it water proof? If yes where did you find a smaller one like that?

Thanks,

Greg

Did you install the lighter plug or have it installed? If you installed it or maybe you can answer this for me, how do you remove the panel that your lighter plug is installed in? Also is that a speaker in the picture above the plug? If it is a speaker, is it water proof? If yes where did you find a smaller one like that?

Thanks,

Greg

I installed it. Open hood, 2 screws on each side top by steering wheel , take out drink holder and remove screws, tilt steering wheel full up, remove center section carefully as there's wiring for the light connected (on 09 and up year but not sure about 08). I ran a hot wire to the fuse box and ground wire to a bolt on the frame. Make sure to measure location for the plug as there is framework to get it in between. Bought the plug at Ace in the boat section. Hope this helps. Yes marine speakers from RocktheBoat.com tomg

Last edited:
I installed it. Open hood, 2 screws on each side top by steering wheel , take out drink holder and remove screws, tilt steering wheel full up, remove center section carefully as there's wiring for the light connected (on 09 and up year but not sure about 08). I ran a hot wire to the fuse box and ground wire to a bolt on the frame. Make sure to measure location for the plug as there is framework to get it in between. Bought the plug at Ace in the boat section. Hope this helps. Yes marine speakers from RocktheBoat.com tomg

I think that will help me, the guy I bought mine from had a ton of led lights installed and there are 4 switches on the dash area that control all of them. Unfortunately they were all working when I bought my Stallion and then they all stopped working at the same time so I hope to find an inline fuse holder under there when I take it apart. If not I plan to take off all of the old LED lights as they are all 10 years old and replace then with up to date LED's.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa man, now "that's" cool !

Never seen one of those!

Sorry guy's guess I'm just getting old!

In fact, just yesterday, someone told me that them "cell phone thingy's" can actually take pictures now! Can you really believe that??? They must 'think" I'm foolish to actually believe that!!

Ronnie

Thanks. Never to old to learn :wave4:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png