VANDERHALL: Debut of the Vanderhall Speedster

Congrats on the new ride Paul. Looks good. :clapping::Coffee::D

Thanks Bill... One thing that hasn't changed, is the number and kinds of questions I get or simply put, the attention these "autocycles" get whenever I'm out and about. Bill, I hope to see you and Jeanine at another Deadwood 3 Wheeler Rally next year. I'm hoping to convince my wife Pam to join me next year, my 5th rally. I'll be hosting another TT/Vanderhall Forum Meet & Greet/Ride/Luncheon event. Take care my friend... Ride Safe!!!

pmar6004

Holy Christmas that's is a 'nice' set of wheels. Agree, they will come up with a pull trailer, that is all that is missing for those 'long rides' and a companion.

Holy Christmas that's is a 'nice' set of wheels. Agree, they will come up with a pull trailer, that is all that is missing for those 'long rides' and a companion.

Thanks! I already have decided on a pull behind trailer just waiting for the hitch. Same place I bought the tow dolly in South Carolina. It's just what I want and very reasonably priced. Tom

Until they come up with a trailer hitch, I bought a tow dolly! Hopefully someone will come up with a hitch so I can get a small trailer for trips and not have to tow the Carmel.

Tom

Hi Tom,

After reading your post I find myself in a similar situation, waiting for a trailer hitch to be developed so that I can pull a small cargo trailer. C & C Custom Cycle, out of Chariton IA, is currently working on developing one. They are the Vanderhall dealership I ordered my Carmel GT from. Great people to do business with, as they were very helpful during and after the time I placed my order with them. They took my '09 Stallion and '11 Aluma TK1 trailer in on trade and I rented a U-Haul tow dolly to make the delivery to get my Carmel home, 440 miles. So a tow dolly is certainly doable, although I wish that Vanderhall would have given the front fender a bit more clearance. I had the dealership remove the front fenders so that the straps that U-Haul provided, would work to lash down the Carmel. I'd like to continue this post, but I think it best to suggest that we PM each other or call. My email address is at the bottom of this post. Hope to hear from you...

pmar6004

Out of curiosity ... is it registered as a car or a motorcycle? Probably varies state to state ... sure is pretty though.

In my state of SD, it's registered as a motorcycle, as do many other states. My insurance company, State Farm Mutual, insures it as a motorcycle as well, $319/yr for full coverage. It's in storage now for the winter months, so I've suspended all coverages except for comprehensive.

pmar6004

Tom,

What did your cover cost and is it water proof/resistant? Is it lined? Thanks...!

pmar6004

$250 + $20 for shipping. I also was told about C&C by my dealer as the guy down here hasn't made one yet. I need to call them and ask if the hitch is wired for trailer lights and if there is anything special to connect it to the Carmel. Tom

For right now she says she likes it but it's not for her. Maybe she will change her mind later. Will we see you and Nat in Ormond Beach?

Yep, we are planning to be there. The last couple of years we didn't have a trike, so we are looking forward to 2020!

Mike

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png