Blackstone Oil Analysis Labs

I have a couple jugs of MMO on the shelf right now....an essential ingredient in my winter storage cocktail for both base & fuel tank.

Great for top end longevity and prevents tank rust....How does it do that you ask....it's a mystery! :Shrug:

A lot of people do the same with Seafoam now.

Always in the gas tank

I clean carbs and in takes with it

It is a good solvent;)

seass14.jpg

My oil sample kit came with a pre-paid USPS label (nice feature from Blackstone) for tracking purposes & it's seems that the post office did not scan it, because my sample, as of today, has not been entered into the their postal tracking system. It says the label was created, but not in the system (after 4 days).

Blackstone says it could still show up there & the USPS forgets to scan them all the time, Blackstone is only 250 miles from me, I should have been there in 2-3 days tops.

I filled out lost package paperwork online to have it located. After a lifetime of no problems with the USPS, the last year I have had nothing but trouble.:gah:

Hopefully, it will show up at Blackstone.

My oil sample kit came with a pre-paid USPS label (nice feature from Blackstone) for tracking purposes & it's seems that the post office did not scan it, because my sample, as of today, has not been entered into the their postal tracking system. It says the label was created, but not in the system (after 4 days).

Blackstone says it could still show up there & the USPS forgets to scan them all the time, Blackstone is only 250 miles from me, I should have been there in 2-3 days tops.

I filled out lost package paperwork online to have it located. After a lifetime of no problems with the USPS, the last year I have had nothing but trouble.:gah:

I understand your frustration with USPS, Michael.:gah:

I have experienced problems, like this, with USPS all too frequently.:(

In order to help reduce problems on anything that I ship by USPS, I hand carry the package to the post office and request an "Acceptance Confirmation".

Whenever I prepare samples for an oil analysis, I requested extra sample vials from Blackstone. They will ship those to you usually for free. I do samplings at an oil change and keep duplicate samples for backup just in case.

I hope things work out for you.ThumbUp

The Post Office has access to tracking info that is not always shown in on-line inquiries, you could ask them to do a tracking scan on their computers and maybe get some updated info.

Altho you're right, 4 days with no updates seems pretty lengthy.

I have learned to use the cheap insurance with USPS;)

I have had stuff damaged and lost in the last 2 years

The Post Office has access to tracking info that is not always shown in on-line inquiries, you could ask them to do a tracking scan on their computers and maybe get some updated info.

Altho you're right, 4 days with no updates seems pretty lengthy.

I did have them access their computers & try to track it with no luck. That's why I filled out & filed "lost package" paperwork. I am hoping it just shows up at Blackstone. I talked with them early this morning & they said it happens all the time. They did say that is why they started using their own pre-paid labels with their info printed on the label already, trying to avoid problems.

Oil analysis has always been big with trucking fleets and the military.I see some owner/operators with an incab setup to instantly analyze oil.Most of the new semi trucks I deliver have rotella or delvac from the factory.I never saw a need to analyze my motorcycle oil.Its not a high performance race motor.Oil oil everywhere pour it down the sink.Oil oil this and that gonna make me drink.

Reactions: MDO
Very good report;)

I like Mobil1 filters also

I'm impressed with that filtration & Blackstone was not informed what filter I am using. I have a HD filter to put on after this.

I'm also very impressed with the viscosity holding up well despite the numerous high temp days we have had. I am gonna stick with the Lucas.

I'm impressed with that filtration & Blackstone was not informed what filter I am using. I have a HD filter to put on after this.

I'm also very impressed with the viscosity holding up well despite the numerous high temp days we have had. I am gonna stick with the Lucas.

I think I would too, I have used their gear lube it is a good product also;)

Reactions: MDO
I think I will try and stick with this schedule & pull a sample 2,200 to 2,500 after the next oil change.

I have plenty of Lucas, but will try the HD oil filter next. At my 10,000 mile service, I will try the Quicksilver 20w50 in the tranny & primary & see if it can go 10,000 miles.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wheeza
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png