Needing help finding a dealer

Reaction score
I am hoping that someone could help me locate the person who used to be a dealer and service for Stallions in the New Castle, Indiana area. About a year ago I talked with him but have since lost his telephone number and can't find him on the internet. If that person reads this thread they can contact me at jerry-sharon1947@hotmail.com. This is in regards to a 2010 Stallion. Thanks for any info you can offer!

Jerry

I am hoping that someone could help me locate the person who used to be a dealer and service for Stallions in the New Castle, Indiana area. About a year ago I talked with him but have since lost his telephone number and can't find him on the internet. If that person reads this thread they can contact me at jerry-sharon1947@hotmail.com. This is in regards to a 2010 Stallion. Thanks for any info you can offer!

Jerry

Call TMS, 888 783 3348 or 903 842 5065 and ask them who they still have listed for their dealers. tomg

Regarding Stallion repairs, I have found over the years that you can find Ford dealers that will work on it for you. You just have to take the time and patience to explain that everything about the driveline is from the 07 Ford Ranger and when the Stallion first came out, Ford Motor Company actually put out a letter authorizing Ford dealers to work on/repair the Stallion. Some will and some won't, You just have to talk with them. In also have found motorcycle repair shops that will at least look at what you need before turning you down. tomg

"officially" there are no more Stallion dealers; none of them renewed their dealer licenses when production ended. There are still a few Motor Trike dealers here and there that will do work on them however but they're few & far between to be honest.

The majority of people who call in asking for a repair shop we suggest your local REPUTABLE independent repair facility. Most auto dealerships (Ford, GM, etc) shops will turn you away simply because they will lose money by working on it since their techs typically make their money on warranty work for Ford, etc.

I can't stress the reputable aspect enough however. I've heard several horror stories from people who opted for someone a bit cheaper because they felt another shop was too expensive & are now dealing with having to pay someone else to try to fix issues created by "shop X".

"officially" there are no more Stallion dealers; none of them renewed their dealer licenses when production ended. There are still a few Motor Trike dealers here and there that will do work on them however but they're few & far between to be honest.

The majority of people who call in asking for a repair shop we suggest your local REPUTABLE independent repair facility. Most auto dealerships (Ford, GM, etc) shops will turn you away simply because they will lose money by working on it since their techs typically make their money on warranty work for Ford, etc.

I can't stress the reputable aspect enough however. I've heard several horror stories from people who opted for someone a bit cheaper because they felt another shop was too expensive & are now dealing with having to pay someone else to try to fix issues created by "shop X".

Trike tech, I’m just curious, do they do any Stallion repairs there at the Motor Trike facility at Troup TX?

Trike tech, I’m just curious, do they do any Stallion repairs there at the Motor Trike facility at Troup TX?

Yes, repairs can be done in Troup but the lead time is typically a killer for most people (we typically run 5-6 weeks out on scheduling year round). Additionally it can be hard to "plan" your trip down as many times there is the unknown in repairs in what may be found & necessary to get the unit fixed which can easily affect time frame & how long you're there.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Obsidian
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png