Traxxion AK 20 fork kit on a trike

mc2

Reaction score
I have a Roadsmith HTS on a 2016 GL1800. I am not pleased with the front suspension with this setup. I added Traxxion springs, bought from Roadsmith, to level out the trike and support the soft front end. I am considering going to a Traxxion AK 20 suspension.

My question is-does anyone have this setup? With the 6 degree rake kit do the bushings and seals have a shorter life span? If you have this setup are you pleased? Did the kit reduce the harsh compression stroke off bridges and square edged holes in the roadway?

As you see I am new to posting on this site so thanks in advance.

Hi Bill,:wave4:

:welcome: to the Trike Talk Family.:wave4:

I have the Traxxion AK-20 front fork suspension on my Goldwing trike with a 6 degree rake. I have not experienced any issues with the front end. I had the trike conversion done 2 years ago. Prior to the conversion, the AK-20 system was in place 6 years as a two wheeler. The installation of the AK-20 made a very noticeable handling and riding experience.

I have two different riding styles. The first is riding Florida flat and straight roads. The second is riding mountainous terrain. Make sure you have the extended fork caps with the screw adjusters installed. This way you can adjust your front suspension to your personal liking and riding styles.

It is also important to find the correct sweet spot for front tire pressure.

The combination of being able to adjust your AK-20 shocks and the correct front tire pressure will enhance your overall riding experience.ThumbUp

Enjoy.:D

I have a Roadsmith HTS on a 2016 GL1800. I am not pleased with the front suspension with this setup. I added Traxxion springs, bought from Roadsmith, to level out the trike and support the soft front end. I am considering going to a Traxxion AK 20 suspension.

My question is-does anyone have this setup? With the 6 degree rake kit do the bushings and seals have a shorter life span? If you have this setup are you pleased? Did the kit reduce the harsh compression stroke off bridges and square edged holes in the roadway?

As you see I am new to posting on this site so thanks in advance.

Same answer as before. :Joker3:

Hi Bill,:wave4:

:welcome: to the Trike Talk Family.:wave4:

I have the Traxxion AK-20 front fork suspension on my Goldwing trike with a 6 degree rake. I have not experienced any issues with the front end. I had the trike conversion done 2 years ago. Prior to the conversion, the AK-20 system was in place 6 years as a two wheeler. The installation of the AK-20 made a very noticeable handling and riding experience.

I have two different riding styles. The first is riding Florida flat and straight roads. The second is riding mountainous terrain. Make sure you have the extended fork caps with the screw adjusters installed. This way you can adjust your front suspension to your personal liking and riding styles.

It is also important to find the correct sweet spot for front tire pressure.

The combination of being able to adjust your AK-20 shocks and the correct front tire pressure will enhance your overall riding experience.ThumbUp

Enjoy.:D

What David said. You will have to purchase the extended fork caps from Traxxion to replace the extended caps on your current setup.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LTCBB77
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png