Lots of extras

Nov 19, 2010
cedar bluff va.24609
We bought a 05 yellow gl1800 with 14,000 miles on it with a champion trike kit the gentlemen bought it new and had it triked with 4,000 miles on it.He kept the paper work on everthing he bought a total of 7,700 dollars worth of add ons it is unbelevible all the add-ons it is one nice looking ride.Had to replace pinion and axle seals.

I had exactly the same problem I think. Is it the differential throwing oil on the right side from the vent hole?

If so, two local installers, but from different companies told me and Champion that the breather kit is poorly designed. That said, I got Champion to send me a new breather kit free and drained all of the oil in the rear end. Re filled it with exactly one quart (32 OZ) and that problem went away. That was about 2.5 months ago or 1500 miles and everything back there is as clean as a whistle. Here is a photo when it was leaking oil. My right tire and the right exhaust were splattered with oil.

Hope your fix is as simple.

Try to speak with Jim Pinto at Champion. I got a run around until my installer was able to speak with Mr. Pinto.

Then they sent me the breather kit.

I had exactly the same problem I think. Is it the differential throwing oil on the right side from the vent hole?

If so, two local installers, but from different companies told me and Champion that the breather kit is poorly designed. That said, I got Champion to send me a new breather kit free and drained all of the oil in the rear end. Re filled it with exactly one quart (32 OZ) and that problem went away. That was about 2.5 months ago or 1500 miles and everything back there is as clean as a whistle. Here is a photo when it was leaking oil. My right tire and the right exhaust were splattered with oil.

Hope your fix is as simple.

Try to speak with Jim Pinto at Champion. I got a run around until my installer was able to speak with Mr. Pinto.

Then they sent me the breather kit.
Mine was leaking from the pinion and the left axle seal.Mine is a suzuki rearend took 2 weeks to get seals from champion.replaced them my self a pretty good job.Weather turned bad and haven't got to try it out, seem to be dry around the vent.Only proplem i had getting seals mine was an 06 kit and they thougt it was a toyota until i told them how the rear end coupler mounted if it mounts with bolts only it's a suzuki if it has bolts and nuts its a toyota.

I went to a local Toyota dealer and got a seal for mine should I ever need it.

They are significantly less expensive then buying them from Champion and you get them a lot quicker. Champion gave me the part # I needed.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png