Foot throttle ???

Aug 20, 2018
Morriston
JUST PURCHASED VW TRIKE, DO NOT LIKE THE HANDLEBAR THROTTLE.... WOULD LIKE TO CHANGE

TO RIGHT SIDE FOOT THROTTLE, ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT.. 1ST TIME ON THIS SITE:AllGood:

THX ,COYOTE

Actually a common thing.

If you are one that likes the motorcycle twist throttle you purdy much hafta learn to stick shift left handed.

But lots of folks just dont pick that up so easily so they like a foot throttle and a right hand shift.

Go look at dune buggy parts. Lots of stand alone throttle pieces and such on buggies.

As it once was a car it is probably easier to set up a foot control than it is to set up a motorcycle part on the car engine.

YES ..FOOT

actually a common thing.

If you are one that likes the motorcycle twist throttle you purdy much hafta learn to stick shift left handed.

But lots of folks just dont pick that up so easily so they like a foot throttle and a right hand shift.

Go look at dune buggy parts. Lots of stand alone throttle pieces and such on buggies.

As it once was a car it is probably easier to set up a foot control than it is to set up a motorcycle part on the car engine.

had enough of handle throttle , over 1,000,000 miles on harley, now getting old

so guess that tells the story

thx alot

Post up if you need help searching.

But you should get some Google hits with "dune buggy throttle pedal".

Of course being a custom construction you will have to hand fab some bits and pieces.

I dont have that many miles on a Harley, but have a lot of miles Honda's.

Some of this will depend on the style of the frame, backbone mainly, and if you already have a lower deck attached to the frame.

I have thought about it, but was more relocating the clutch and rear brake pedal assembly to the floor so to speak, rather than them being attached to a gusset between the backbone and neck tube.

Dune buggy parts suppliers do have a few options, and you have to shop around a few sites to see what is totally offered to the rider. Some just have a design and others a few more.

I seen it done already, wow, not sure where, but he used the old VW roller throttle pedal assembly.

Welcome to the site, hope you find it enjoyable and helpful.

I too am working on ideas for a foot throttle pedal, but it will be in addition to the hand control. I just finished putting a new end on my throttle cable which broke after only 500 miles on a new cable! Can't imagine installing a new cable on the roadside because it is extremely difficult with the body on. Mine will resemble a foot-shift lever from a bike and will mount to the folding footpegs off a cb750.

how about a picture of your mounting area.

:welcome: FROM SOUTH
attachment.php
To the Trike Talk Family!

If the trike frame is shaped like a motorcycle frame, on can just weld a large dia. rod across the lower bottom frame work. on my trike it will not be that ease, but if one has the skid deck on the trike there is the deck frame work on can work with for mounting the base rod. I wanted clutch and rear bracke on the deck, that ment one welding a bar/rod across the center area, or make brackets on the deck for the tube, than you have the rod with pedales attached that slides in the tube held by brackets.

Mental pictures is what I have of it, the roller throttle pedal I had mentioned was taken out of the car body completely and re welded in the desired position on the trike deck. If your deck does not have what braces you need where they maybe needed, just look at how you can add the needed braces so all works.

I have foot throttle and Brake on right side and clutch on the left

I originally decided to do that because of the arthritis in my hands and wrists, Now it the arthritis in my feet and ankles that are bothers me and with I had some hand controls to use when I wanted to

I have talked to people that say they have both. I have never seen it but I bet it could be done.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png