salutations one and all.

Aug 23, 2018
Tacoma
This is Tang62... Tacoma, Washington. Now own a 2001 1800 GoldWing Lehman Monarch trike, with a "motor trike 4,5 rake" ( put on just before I bought the bike), 61,000 miles. It'll be the last bike for me. This completes my adult life time dream.

Bought it in central Nebraska about a 110 miles west of Omaha. Was told it was ready to go to Tacoma, Wa. Never beleave a used trike salesman. But I did get a free T-shirt. That wasn't a smart idea on the owners part. As I will tell anyone who asks why to not stop or buy any thing there.

Got it up to 95 mph just about 4 hours after buying it. And it shoke. Under 90 it was fine. Figured I settle it out when I got home. This was after all a test/learning ride. Never rode on a trike before . Just dove in with all I had. Yup I learned a lot alright.

Didn't remember the days of driving junk. Should have checked it better. Well the drive shaft U-Joints failed totally on top of Sweetzer Summit, Idaho on I-84. At 2:50pm ..almost 4 hours later the roadside asst. showed up. A pick-up truck, a U Haul 6x12 box trailer, 3 each.. 2x10x10 boards and 2 nights for me plus a night for my kids who rescued me in a motel. I'm back at home.

So I'm here in search of knowledge of all sorts. I don't have much but will help out when I can.

:welcome: FROM SOUTH
attachment.php
To the Trike Talk Family!

A lot of the folks here that should be able to advise.

Scott welcome aboard boy not a good start to the trike world. Belive me they are not like that. You just got what someone else did not want to fix.

Oh wow! So sorry this has happened. Welcome to TrikeTalk - we’re glad you found us.

As to the Lehman kits - we have a member who signs on here as Lee H. Man. He is our resident expert on the Lehman kits. He reviews the forum regularly. He might catch your first post here - OR - you might try posting in the Lehman Trikes forum also.

Hope you get this resolved soon.

What a bummer ......

Scott, Welcome to Trike Talk Forum from West Virginia, USA.:wave4:

If you need anything for your Lehman Trike, just post on the Lehman section of the forum.

As a supplier of (some) parts for the older Lehman Trikes I am finding that a lot of used trike buyers are being misled by questionable sellers.

It is a shame to be introduced into the Trike Community this way. :mad:

I am sorry for your bad luck.:gah:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png