Liqui Moly 2024 Synthoil Race Tech GT1 10W-60 Motor Oil

PosseRider

3750+ Posts
Jan 29, 2016
Dayton, Ohio
:gah: I searched first & see nothing here on this oil. SOOOO had to start an oil thread. sorry:( Has anyone used this oil & thoughts on it.

:gah: I searched first & see nothing here on this oil. SOOOO had to start an oil thread. sorry:( Has anyone used this oil & thoughts on it.

Produced in Germany and it appears it's a sort of Racing Formula for what they classify as Motor Sport Bikes. Take a look at Liqui Moly's Harley Recommendations for Engine/Gear Oils and Brake Fluids for the Harley 2014-2016 Twin Cam 103's. This Race Tech GT1 Formula is not on their recommended list.

I used this oil on previous bikes. It works great. Quiets the motor down, seems to help keep it cooler. Ran it on a 12 RGU, and a 15 RG. If you want, HTT has a very long thread with good info. A lot of people over there recommend it. I’ll switch over to it at 5k.

Jack, I knew you would jump in here. When will you just admit you like oil threads!:clapping:

Your killing me:p

The post I made is a guy I knew pretty good

He died last year, But we talked alot prior to his death

He did ALL his own wrenching and used REDLINE oils always til 130,000 miles

After the switch he racked up another 50 k with no problems

Pretty impressive miles on a Twin Cam in Arizona heat

I used this oil on previous bikes. It works great. Quiets the motor down, seems to help keep it cooler. Ran it on a 12 RGU, and a 15 RG. If you want, HTT has a very long thread with good info. A lot of people over there recommend it. I’ll switch over to it at 5k.

Thanks to all who responded, I will check out the HTT forum. Wmitz, let me know when you try. I still have 2 or 3 changes of Mobil 1 before I switch. Witch on did you use?

Thanks to all who responded, I will check out the HTT forum. Wmitz, let me know when you try. I still have 2 or 3 changes of Mobil 1 before I switch. Witch on did you use?

I used the 10w-60 (2024). The 12 rgu was a noisy engine, after I started using it the engine quieted down considerably, helped to keep it cooler in FL. Basically the same thing for the 15 rg. I’ll use it again without hesitation.

Are you talking the 2024 or the 50wt they have on their site.

Race oil= Race-dump oil- reload.You don't have a race motor.

[h=2]Liqui Moly 2024 Synthoil Race Tech GT1 10W-60 Motor Oil - 5 Liter Jug[/h] Question to LM

Can this be used with a 5000 mile oil change.? The 60w is a preferred oil due to high temperatures in the summer here. Many trips in 90-100 degrees.

Reply from Liquid Moly in Germany.

cleardot.gif

Dear Bill, yes, because Liqui moly LM2024 is a high performance engine oil and perfect for this 5000 miles oil service interval

With best regards from Germany!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neil wright

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neil wright
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png