A bit late, so not a new member, but a member in NV

grandpanystrom61

Mar 11, 2018
Fernley
Hello and good evening to everyone.

I am retired out of the AF with a disability, raised the children, now supporting them again, but at least I did get a toy ( my trike) when they were out of the home.

Love the children and family life, best part is the grandchildren. If I could get a large enough home I would have them all living with me.

Okay, I used to ride a rice burner, loved zipping around and pushing the limit's, but wife ended that pleasure.

She pushed me into purchasing this trike from the neighbor lady, wild thing was it was her mother's trike.

It is a Ed Roth design from 1973, the trike was built in 75/76 was legal registration year.

1600 DP VW engine that has been punched out some, best guess so far is near the 1776cc, truth of it all will be discovered when I rebuild the engine.

Had to re wire some of it, clean up the crazy mess some, than found out the new gas used the past years ate away at the fiberglass gas tank, a very poor design, but gave room for a instrument panel.

Something still not right, so finally found the neck was not perpendicular and offset to the left side. Now I am building my new front end. More work than I wanted, but I want to go down the road straight and with smoothness, to old for that heavy vibration crap all day.

• :welcome: FROM SOUTH
      attachment.php
      To the Trike Talk Family

THANK YOU AND YOUR FAMILY FOR YOUR SERVICE!

Welcome to the forum post a few pictures when you figure it out like to see VW trikes have always interested me guess it's my old mud buggy days. travel safe Fred

Thank you everyone, as I did enjoy the replies and friendly faces.

After they put me out of the AF, well tried a lot of things, my mind was not doing the best with living life, but once I met the right person who cared to help get me on track to " live life", well a family was born, LOL

Not complaining, as we all survived the years, but the wife and I raised our 3 children on my AF retirement pay at first, than I got the VA helping, went to college and earned my degrees only to not find employment because of the disability, to beat all the VA system slammed me with 100% disability rating because of it all.

Still do not have a lot to some, but for us we are pleased to have what we have and enjoy the fact we have children and grandchildren to enjoy.

We just have to make what we can out of what life gives us, and sometimes be thankful for the kindness of other's.

A pic of my trike.

20180502_063648.jpg20180416_105508.jpg20180416_105534 (1).jpg

20180314_072601.jpg

And of course now the body is off and the neck was cut off, getting ready to get all new welded in place, than I can finish the front end so all can be put back together, winter project I am sure.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png