Prayers For Ed "2Paps" Bruette

UPDATE: 9/22/18

I had an absolutely pleasant and wonderful 1.75 hour phone conversation with Ed late this afternoon.

As you know, for about the last 10 days, Ed has been receiving some rather intense and demanding physical/occupational therapies that runs from about 8:30 AM to 11:00 AM. The afternoon sessions start again from about 1:15 to 3:30 PM.

Ed asked me to convey that he is doing well and is determined mentally and physically to make a full and complete recovery. I have said this before, if you know Ed, then you know Ed is going to make this happen.

Ed's physical therapists are in awe of his available physical strength and conditioning that are helping to propel Ed to a much faster and complete recovery. Ed's therapists told him that he is a rare patient for his age group to be performing and progressing this quickly and positively. Go Ed.ThumbUp

Ed asked me to inform the Trike Talk Family that he has been reading the postings on the issue and that he apologizes for not posting back. Ed said he is concentrating on putting all the pieces of his physical, emotional and mental life back together. Ed also indicated that he is physically exhausted after completing double sessions of physical therapy.

Ed's fantastic positive will, motivation and drive have not gone without reward. As early as next Saturday, there is a good possibility Ed can return to Florida for the completion of his physical therapy. Ed's family is working out the details and logistics of getting Ed to Florida from Asheville, NC. There is also a good possibility Ed may be able to actually go to his home and complete his long term therapy outside of his houseThumbUp

Ed is open to visits from the Trike Talk Family with limited conditions. It is very important that we respect these conditons.

• Visits are Monday thru Friday after 7:00 PM and Saturday/Sunday at anytime.
  • Please send a visitation request by PM (Personal Message) to me, David357, requesting the day and time you would like to visit. I will make the arrangements with Ed and then reply to your request.

GO ED......Keep up the good work buddy.ThumbUpThumbUp

Awesome news! I know even getting closer to home would make things better but getting would be great.Continued prayers and well wishes.

Update: 9/29/18

I am posting a text message that I just received from, Ed's daughter, Kelly:

"Hi David,I just posted this update on my page, go ahead and post on Trike Talk:I spoke with Dad yesterday and there is a pretty good chance he is coming home on Thursday (October 4). If that changes, I’ll let you know. To quote Dad, “it’s not written in cement but the odds look pretty good”.

He was transported to the surgeons office yesterday for a check up on his legs, he got two thumbs up and was told he can travel back to FL. He cannot bear any weight for 8 more weeks but he is able to be transported. He has another visit with the neurologist for his back/neck on Wednesday. If he gets approval from that doctor, He and Mom will leave early Thursday morning to come back home."

This is great news, GO Ed.:clapping:

On another note, arrangements with the family have been confirmed. Marc Henderson (Marc H) is planning to visit with Ed this afternoon.

Thank you Marc.ThumbUp

Update: 10/03/18

I am posting a copy of a text message that I received late yesterday from Ed's daughter, Kelly:

• "JUST heard from Dad, tentative release date...THURSDAY!!! He has an appt tomorrow (Wednesday) with his neurologist for his back and neck AND if he is given the okay for release...HE’S COMING HOME!!! Dad is flying back, Mom already scheduled the flight and she is driving back starting tomorrow(Wednesday)!! Dad has agreed to a GoFundMe Page and I will release the page after I get home tonight!!!"

Great news Ed that you are coming home. You are progressing far beyond the medical expectations.ThumbUpThumbUp

Keep up your excellent progress.

We look forward to hearing from you soon!!

Go Fund Me link:

https://www.gofundme.com/n36pw-i-lo...53338552-3603f46a70424040&pc=sm_co_campmgmt_m

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
David Davis

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
David Davis
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png