CUMMINS DIESEL Trike??

Reaction score
I have a plan to use a Dodge daully truck with a Cummins Diesel engine for a trike project. Has anyone ever seen someone build a trike with a Diesel in it? I have some pretty good ideas, but I was wanting to check out any trikes with diesels in them.
I plan on keeping the back half of the truck, front of the bed to the tailgate for this project. The truck will be cut off at the front of the bed including the frame. It will be slammed to the ground with an airbag kit, and retain the daully wheels.
Then I will build a new frame in front with the Cummins diesel in it.
I hope to find a truck and get started on it next summer.

Interesting ideas, Scott! Welcome to TrikeTalk :). Believe me, this group will enjoy following along on your project.

Scott39-
I'm on my forth Dodge 12 valve Dually...had a chipped '04 24 valve HO that would smoke the tires in a heartbeat. I love the CTDs! I think a 12 valve would make an easier conversion being that its got the manual pump and less electronics to deal with. What year is your truck?

The only diesel trike Ive ever heard of is the one Jessie James built out of a Peterbuilt truck. Did you see that show?

JesseJamesPeterbilt03.jpg

I got to give this one the once over in 05. Pretty heavy duty...

Interesting I have a 24 valve dually and it pulls like a tank... I would like to see this transformation if you build it please post pictures as it progresses ....

Interesting ideas, Scott! Welcome to TrikeTalk :). Believe me, this group will enjoy following along on your project.

Thank you. I have a cool design in my head, I just hope someday I can build it. I decided on a trike, because my wife and I are fighting for custody of her sons two little girls. They were abused by their mothers boyfriend (not sexually, thank God) and was pulled out of their home.
They have been living with us for 10 months now. So, now I need a trike to haul the whole family, I do ride a 94' Heritage now, but I will not sell it, I still ride it as much as possible.

Scott39-
I'm on my forth Dodge 12 valve Dually...had a chipped '04 24 valve HO that would smoke the tires in a heartbeat. I love the CTDs! I think a 12 valve would make an easier conversion being that its got the manual pump and less electronics to deal with. What year is your truck?

The only diesel trike Ive ever heard of is the one Jessie James built out of a Peterbuilt truck. Did you see that show?

I love the 12 valve, I think it is the best engine ever built. Strong, simple, reliable, and can make massive power cheap.
I will looking for a 2wd drive Dodge daully to use. Their is one here now in Denver for $5,000, but I do not have the funds for it yet. Waiting on my wifes settlement.
I drive semi's for a living, and I like the diesel idea in a trike. I do have a 1995 2500 4x4 Dodge Cummins I drive daily, and when I bought it two years ago, it only had 120k miles on it, it was like new, it will out last me in life.

I did see that Monster garage episode with that trike, pretty cool!

I got to give this one the once over in 05. Pretty heavy duty...
Cool diesel trike, especially with the Cummins in it. And I thought I would have the first one, hahaha!
The way I plan on building mine should be the first of its kind combo.

Interesting I have a 24 valve dually and it pulls like a tank... I would like to see this transformation if you build it please post pictures as it progresses ....
I will be using the 12valve with a built auto, geared for low rpm at high cruising speed.
I have 35" tires, 5spd, with 4:10s, and a Gearvendor overdrive in my truck now, and it runs 2000 rpm at 80 mph.

I have a plan to use a Dodge daully truck with a Cummins Diesel engine for a trike project. Has anyone ever seen someone build a trike with a Diesel in it? I have some pretty good ideas, but I was wanting to check out any trikes with diesels in them.
I plan on keeping the back half of the truck, front of the bed to the tailgate for this project. The truck will be cut off at the front of the bed including the frame. It will be slammed to the ground with an airbag kit, and retain the daully wheels.
Then I will build a new frame in front with the Cummins diesel in it.
I hope to find a truck and get started on it next summer.

Interesting idea. Welcome aboard.

Scott39-

Hey Bazooka. Why not a pictorial showing taking a bike and adding the trike kit so all of us can watch your progress. It would be interesting.

Scott39-

I can hear Tim "The Tool Man" now screaming MORE POWER, as he blasts down Wilson's drive way. WOW does that pic just drip of power. Look forward to seeing some pics of the builds guys.

lunchbox1983-albums-trikes-picture4678-trike758px-trike14arp.jpg

You may not be looking for the Mad Max theme, but the basic shape and frame would suit that cummins well. No matter what it will be a beast.

Well the back of my trike will look something like one of these daully truck beds. I will use the truck from the front of the bed back, cutting everything off from the back of the cab forward.
escadually25.jpg

0902mt_07_z2003_chevy_s10_crew_cab_duallywheel_and_tire.jpg

0904trweb_09_z2009_layd_out_at_the_park_truck_showchevy_silverado_dually_rear_wheel.jpg

showpic2.jpg

al-242.jpg

Copyofal-250.jpg

al-243.jpg

I hopefully to get this trike rockin this winter, money, and raising my two grandkids has set me back, but the little girls come first. I will try to start a trike limo bussiness out of Denver this year if all works.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png