Ford Dealerships and Stallion

Oct 30, 2010
Tampa, FL
I don't know about anyone else, but I sure have a good relationship with the Ford dealership where I live. I recently got my Stallion, and knowing it is an option for the dealerships to work on the Stallions, I drove in and introduced myself and my trike to the service manager of Phil Long Ford. I had with me a copy of the original Dealer Communication literature that was distributed to all FMC dealers in Nov 2008. The personnel was unaware of the Stallion or TBMS, but was sure interested in checking it out. Having received their 'blessing' I was relieved to know I wouldn't have to travel over a hundred miles to the nearest Stallion dealer for work. Yesterday I had some warranty work done on my trike with this dealership and was nothing but totally impressed with all personnel involved. I got a call from the service advisor that handled the work order, within 3 hours after I left the dealership, letting me know that they were all paid by TBMS already. I hope more Stallion owners will have a good working relationship with FMC in the future.

I don't know about anyone else, but I sure have a good relationship with the Ford dealership where I live. I recently got my Stallion, and knowing it is an option for the dealerships to work on the Stallions, I drove in and introduced myself and my trike to the service manager of Phil Long Ford. I had with me a copy of the original Dealer Communication literature that was distributed to all FMC dealers in Nov 2008. The personnel was unaware of the Stallion or TBMS, but was sure interested in checking it out. Having received their 'blessing' I was relieved to know I wouldn't have to travel over a hundred miles to the nearest Stallion dealer for work. Yesterday I had some warranty work done on my trike with this dealership and was nothing but totally impressed with all personnel involved. I got a call from the service advisor that handled the work order, within 3 hours after I left the dealership, letting me know that they were all paid by TBMS already. I hope more Stallion owners will have a good working relationship with FMC in the future.

Glad that you have had such a positive experience with your Ford dealership. I'm still waiting for the delivery of mine, now over 6 months since I placed my order. Plan to call TMS and speak with Nick this afternoon. He was gone last week when I called. Hopefully he will be able to answer some of my questions, as this forum speaks so highly of him.

Daydreamer

Wonderful report! That is the way TBMS planned for it to work. It sounds as though your approach to introduce yourself, the Trike, and TBMS BEFORE you needed help was a great plan. :D

Glad that you have had such a positive experience with your Ford dealership. I'm still waiting for the delivery of mine, now over 6 months since I placed my order. Plan to call TMS and speak with Nick this afternoon. He was gone last week when I called. Hopefully he will be able to answer some of my questions, as this forum speaks so highly of him.

Daydreamer

Please keep us updated on your delivery.

I'm glad you had a positive experience but I sure as heck have not. I have tried every ford dealership (six total) in 100 mile radius and they want nothing to do with the stallion even though I've used one of them for years for other warranty work. I also drove/rode in and introduced the stallion and even had TMS on the phone with them and they still refused. This all being said TMS is an outstanding company they have worked with me paying the bill to a small but good service station that is not a big motor company. You have to wonder with the economy being in the shape it is that a company would turn away service work for money. Harley Davidson would go out of business if it wasn't for their service work and I say this owning three Harley's! The great people at TMS have and are still trying to work it out with some dealerships a little further away. I have had to take it one time to an authorized dealership 12 hrs round trip away that sells them. Even with some of the problems we have had my wife and I would buy another in a heart beat but it would be nice if Ford would step up.

Hello,
I utilized Gresham ford in Oregon for a brake and vacuum problem resulting in a rough idle. Although the senior techn.rolled his eyes, they did a fine job and tbms had paid for service before I picked up stallion. The prompt payment made dealership more than happy to provide future warranty needs.

I did go to the Ford dealer in Huntsville, Tx and introduced the Stallion and myself before I ever had a problem.
a time later I had the temp sensor that turns on the radiator fan go bad and then and overheat problem. I took it into the above dealer and went thru the introduction stuff all over again. they finally decided to take it in. the next day they called and said to come and get it so I ask is it fixed already and they said NO, they did not know what to do. I then ask if they had talked to TBMS, because they had all of the numbers, and they said NO they did not. I then called TBMS and told them what the problem was as far as I knew and could they call the above dealer and talk with the mech. TBMS did call them and then the mech did find the problem and got the part from TBMS for the repair. in fact as soon as TBMS called and talked to the mech he unplugged the fan wire from the sensor and hit ground with it and the fan took off, so got the part and fixed it.
when I went in to pick up the Stallion the dealer ship told me the next time that I have a problem to take it somewhere else. so they don't want to work with anyone. I don't think that they liked calling, or in this case answer the phone from someone else to tell them how to fix a problem.
now do you call this pride or just stupid and don't want easy money.

I have have had nothing but good things to say about the service I have had with my local Paso Robles Ford dealership. A couple of warrenty items, front bearings and replacement of intsrument pod. They change oil and did 5k/10k service for $65.

MartinR2001
Orange #688

I'm glad you had a positive experience but I sure as heck have not. I have tried every ford dealership (six total) in 100 mile radius and they want nothing to do with the stallion even though I've used one of them for years for other warranty work. I also drove/rode in and introduced the stallion and even had TMS on the phone with them and they still refused. This all being said TMS is an outstanding company they have worked with me paying the bill to a small but good service station that is not a big motor company. You have to wonder with the economy being in the shape it is that a company would turn away service work for money. Harley Davidson would go out of business if it wasn't for their service work and I say this owning three Harley's! The great people at TMS have and are still trying to work it out with some dealerships a little further away. I have had to take it one time to an authorized dealership 12 hrs round trip away that sells them. Even with some of the problems we have had my wife and I would buy another in a heart beat but it would be nice if Ford would step up.
If you have any problem in Chicago area please go to GOLF MILL FORD in Niles Ill.. 1-847-470-9800 ask for Chris Fannella Serv.Mgr. or BILL GIERS Serv Director. they are familar with Stallions and are the #1 FORD DEALER in the Midwest 5Years running and the certainly want your business.. Charlie D.:pepper:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hankypanky55

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hankypanky55
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png