CSC lower trunk lid

Uphill

Aug 11, 2018
Weslaco tx usa
I had a retro driveshaft kit installed a few weeks ago by a csc installer. Now the lower trunk lid will not latch unles pushed on very hard, then it will not release with lever on tour pack,I have to release it with the cable. The right side hinge was very loose, so I called csc and talked to Dwight who gave me 3 options to repair hinge. I repaired hinge which now is rigid.Still cannot get it to latch properly. The latch release on tour pack does not seem to do anything in the latch mechanism

need some advice on what to do.

2007 gl1800

2007 cobra trike kit

Hi David! Welcome to TrikeTalk from west Texas. I do not have an answer for you. Have you tried taking it back to the mechanic who just worked on it? Hope you are able to get this resolved soon.

right rear mount for latch picture from front.jpgright rear mount for latch picture from back.jpgYou might want to check out where the cable comes down from inside the upper trunk. I had an issue with my 07 Lehman the same way and it turned out the cable for some odd reason came off the latch assembly in the upper trunk and the only way I could open the lower trunk was with the emergency cable.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PoolmanJC

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PoolmanJC
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png