Suzuki Raked Triple Tree Fork Tube Extensions

Oct 1, 2009
Upper Marlboro MD, USA
I have a Suzuki C90 Lehman Jackal trike with a raked triple tree from Steerite. I put in the tree last year and added Progressive springs per the Steerite recommendation. I installed the springs with the stock preload tubes and the trike had a significant tendency to want to dive towards the outside on turns . this was due to the shift of the center of gravity more towards the front end due to lowering of the front frame caused by the rake of the triple tree. By the time I got done preloading the springs to get rid of the diving, there was practically no give at all in the front end for bumps.

Decided to extend the front fork tubes to shaft the C-of-G more towards the rear but, as with the triple tree, I couldn't find anyone who made extensions for Suzuki's. I contacted Bill at Billski's. He didn't make them for the Suzuki either but after we swapped some pictures and emails he sent me a pair for the Honda Magna. I used the 2-inch extensions. Worked like a charm. And it looks like I won't have to do any more to the lower fork covers than to raise the clamp and gasket that hold the cover against the bottom of the triple tree.

So if you need fork extensions for your Suzuki, you can get them at Billlski.com. :D

Just a follow up...Completed the work yesterday afternoon. The Billski 2-inch fork tube extensions worked well. The lower fork leg covers worked also but I did have to take a couple of tries to get the interior tube clamp adjustment right so the lower fork leg covers weren't loose. I had to add a second internal rubber washer to the upper fork leg covers so they would seat against the upper triple tree securely. However, the mods did their thing and the results were worth it. Not only has the diving stopped but the front end change has given the trike a more aggressive appearance. Amazing what a small change can do.

Just a follow up...Completed the work yesterday afternoon. The Billski 2-inch fork tube extensions worked well. The lower fork leg covers worked also but I did have to take a couple of tries to get the interior tube clamp adjustment right so the lower fork leg covers weren't loose. I had to add a second internal rubber washer to the upper fork leg covers so they would seat against the upper triple tree securely. However, the mods did their thing and the results were worth it. Not only has the diving stopped but the front end change has given the trike a more aggressive appearance. Amazing what a small change can do.

good job working through it great to sit back and admire your work when you get it right

If anyone's ever looking for longer fork tubes (the upper's) check with....

Frank's Maintenance and Engineering, Inc.

Frank's has been making fork tubes for most bikes since 1966. I have used their tubes on Suzuki Intruders in the past with great success. So if anyone finds themselves in need for longer fork tubes again this is the place to go.

I've used Forking by Frank before. It was a decade or so ago when I was extending the front forks on a chopper an additional six inches. This time I was only looking for a two inch extension and went with Biliski because of cost and reputation.

I've used Forking by Frank before. It was a decade or so ago when I was extending the front forks on a chopper an additional six inches. This time I was only looking for a two inch extension and went with Biliski because of cost and reputation.

I've used Billski in the past for a lot of things. Always had a very positive experience with them ThumbUp

I hadn't given a lot of thought to fork extenders and probably need to look back into them. I also have to check and see what Frank's charges for the tubes. I did have a look at Billski's site and it appears that he's only listing Yamaha's and Honda's for fork extensions. Guess I'll need to call them.

I am considering a Morton's 7 degree tree for my Fathers trike and found a good deal on one at Meancycles in Florida. I'm trying to keep the cost sub-$1,000.

Looking over the pictures at Billski's I'm kind of thinking a 3" extension might do well for what I want. I'm trying to keep the trike looking stock up front, but with the front slightly kicked out to help lighten the front a bit.

We'll see how it goes, but at the current time my Father is saying things are good the way it is. I'll see has he gets more miles under his feet. Thanks for the info....greatly appreciated :)

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
astrocreep

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
astrocreep
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png