Anyone using the Custom Dynamics Dynamic Load Isolator on their trike

hardwickbv

1500+ Posts
Gold Member
Mar 5, 2017
Mitchell, Indiana, USA
Anyone using the Custom Dynamics Dynamic Load Isolator on their trike

https://www.customdynamics.com/dynamic-load-isolator-tke-for-harley-davidson-trike?cat=818

My dealer service department is giving me grief over installing my DK driving lights and LED turn signals on my trike.

Backstory is my Passing lights which I connected the driving lights into quit working so I asked them to look at it when I took it in for some other warranty work.

They essentially came back and insisted that it was because of me installing the driving lights and turn signals and tapping into the passing and turn signal circuits with positaps.

Now this is the third time they have argued with me over 3 different issues.

1. Will a Tri-Glide start while in gear. Had to call corporate to get them to believe it should

2. The handle bars that I ordered through their parts department will not fit. Took 2 days to get them to install them after myself and the parts guy verified with manufacturer that they would fit.

3. The Passing light now not working.

Three Strikes.

So I have fired them and will be using another dealer for service that is closer to me. Made sure the Service manager knew this when I left.

I will continue to use there Sales and Parts department when it is convenient for me. Never had a problem with them.

I know the fairing harness has been repaired by them at least twice shortly after I bought the trike so I suspect the harness is probably bad as well as possibly the BCM.

The harness came from the factory having been pinched or scraped with bare wiring showing in 2 different areas near where I tapped in with the lights.

So if I do repair the harness and BCM I thought I would try the Dynamic Load Isolator to help keep this from happening again.

Any input would be helpful

Thanks

Bob

Reactions: MDO
Was it the Posi-Taps that they had issues with? I just bought a bunch of them and Posi-Locks to hook up my Hyper-Lite brake lights.

Not the Posi-Taps specifically just the fact that I had installed the lights. Even if I had soldered them in I would expect grief from them. Not sure they even know what a Posi-Tap is.

Although if I had soldered them they might have thought they did it.

They were connected for almost a full year before thing started going bad so I believe that one of their repairs is the issue or the BCM is bad.

I don't know anything about hooking up lights but have been an electronics technician for going on 35 years.

I have found that unless they do the work they will push back on anything you have done.

Bob

Now this is the third time they have argued with me over 3 different issues.

1. Will a Tri-Glide start while in gear. Had to call corporate to get them to believe it should

2. The handle bars that I ordered through their parts department will not fit. Took 2 days to get them to install them after myself and the parts guy verified with manufacturer that they would fit.

3. The Passing light now not working.

Three Strikes.

It is a sad state of affairs that we find ourselves in...more and more, owners of HD's know more about an HD bike/trike than the "techs" working on them.

You had the good sense to fire them, kudo's.

Regarding the Isolator, the only time I've ever used one is for trailer light hook-ups...isolating any potential problem in the trailer lights from feedback to the HD's system.

Never even thought of using one to isolate add on lights to the trike from other parts of the trike. However, given the history your wiring harness has, it certainly seems like it would not hurt, and could possibly save future problems.

Kevin

Reactions: MDO

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HDtriglide

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HDtriglide
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png