Carrying Extra Fuel When Traveling---Problem Solved (for me)

The quart can of TruFuel saved me crossing Kansas on Labor Day. We hit the strongest head winds I have ever riden in. The fuel mileage on my FW dropped to 31-32mpg and I did not realize it. We were planning on stopping & I ran out 5 miles short of our stop. Well worth $5.99 to have it to save my 650 mile day on the road. My next adventure, I will have another quart.:cool:

I thank you! This is an excellent suggestion, and recommendation ...... Going to purchase a can this week before I :clapping:head out on my 7 hour ride to northern Maine next week...

Ronnie

I thank you! This is an excellent suggestion, and recommendation ...... Going to purchase a can this week before I :clapping:head out on my 7 hour ride to northern Maine next week...

Ronnie

I really like that brand & 1 of the reasons is it's a steel can & its sealed like a soda bottle.

I found some that were not.

I have a cheaper way. I pull a Bushtec trailer on trips. I had just enough room to mount a 1.25 gallon can between the body of the trailer and the cooler... Its angle iron frame with a tin cover coming 3/4 of the way down the sides. Havent had to use it yet. But pulling it with my Ultra Classic with 5 gallon tank. I used it once. found out I didnt need it. I figured I would have had .05 of a gallon left when I did get gas...

Reactions: MDO
On my trip to Durango & back to STL, I saw a lot of riders towing trailers. I am just not a trailer towing guy on my trike. I have enough trouble keeping me and the trike going.:D;)

For me, the quart can works & my trouble in windy Kansas proved it. I never would have thought strong head winds would drop my 6 gallon tank mileage below 200mpg.:confused: Also, the Freewheeler ran great on the TruFuel, but I did run at 60mph that 5 miles to the station, vise 75mpg. We ran 75-80mph all across Kansas, seeing highway patrol every 15-20 miles & they always had someone pulled over.

I have a cheaper way. I pull a Bushtec trailer on trips. I had just enough room to mount a 1.25 gallon can between the body of the trailer and the cooler... Its angle iron frame with a tin cover coming 3/4 of the way down the sides. Havent had to use it yet. But pulling it with my Ultra Classic with 5 gallon tank. I used it once. found out I didnt need it. I figured I would have had .05 of a gallon left when I did get gas...

This is my 2.5 gallon Rotopak can on top of my Bushtec Turbo2+ trailer. I will be traveling Old Rolute 66 later this month on my TGU, and will be wandering many roads away from the "mainline" where gas is scarce. Just have to remember to bleed the excess vapor when the temps are 100+ to keep the can from springing a leak;).

58813376580__6E1C3BB1-F6CE-4C6E-9D6B-7835AAE0C497 (2).jpg

Seems people like carrying a quart of gas,:confused: Boy my Wing would drink that up pretty fast. I'm thinking i'd carry 2-3 gallons if I go in a remote area. Store it in the trikes trunk

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png