What Did You Do To Your Freewheeler Today?

Got a nice ride in today, about 70 miles. About 55° with sun, but windy. My FW is running great.

We have some nasty weather coming in Sat. night, into Sunday, with rain & cold.

This spring is nuts.

Just an update...I hope everyone is safe. There were deaths in Texas from tornado damage.

Here in STL, there were 50-60mph winds, with downed trees & power outages.

I had an outage for a short time, but luckily , it's back on now.

Banana Boards and...

Today I installed a set of Cyclesmiths Banana Boards on the trike and liked 'em

so much , I ordered the matching passenger set .

A few days ago I had the oil cooler shroud painted and installed...so far...so good.

Dante

PS I would have liked to show you the pictures BUT I absolutely cannot figure out

why this site is so difficult to upload stuff, in spite of printing out the directions .

I easily uploaded the same on the TriGlide and Freewheeler section of The

Harley Davidson Forum if you would like to see the pictures. I guess

I am a Techno-Munchkin...sorry

post_old.gif
Yesterday, 11:05 AM

Dante221
user_offline.gif

One Of The Regulars

Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts

icon1.gif
Banana Boards and...

Just finished installing front Cyclesmiths Banana boards...so impressed that I ordered the matching passenger boards.

Also had the oil cooler shroud painted and re-installed. So far...so good

Dante

img_0092_e0229af12a179787fd2f631eb72c7b40076126cf.jpg

img_0092_e0229af12a179787fd2f631eb72c7b40076126cf.jpg

img_0093_0b57787abe820f9cdfda518259f2d4de13921f18.jpg

Today I installed a set of Cyclesmiths Banana Boards on the trike and liked 'em

so much , I ordered the matching passenger set .

A few days ago I had the oil cooler shroud painted and installed...so far...so good.

Dante

PS I would have liked to show you the pictures BUT I absolutely cannot figure out

why this site is so difficult to upload stuff, in spite of printing out the directions .

I easily uploaded the same on the TriGlide and Freewheeler section of The

Harley Davidson Forum if you would like to see the pictures. I guess

I am a Techno-Munchkin...sorry

That looks great! With the new passenger boards, it'll be even better.

Sissy Bar Update Photos

After bending the stock bar an installing a wrap around arm rest setup ... I have made arrangements have the bar extended about 18" up for cosmetic appearance ... This will also give " Sweety" and hand hold for climbing on an off - I will post photos once done.

Well - I got it all done today - Came out better than I hoped

20190417_152651.jpg20190417_152659.jpg20190417_152735 - Copy.jpg

Today I installed a set of Cyclesmiths Banana Boards on the trike

Very nice! I love mine. You might want to look into an extended Brake and shifter arm next. They really put the pedals where they should be for a comfortable ride. Let us know how the passenger board covers work for you. I went a different route on the passenger boards.

Brake Side Boards 2.jpg

Fliped up.jpg

Reactions: MDO
Plugs

condition

Do you use the factory hd plugs?
I

Just checked "google" and back in 2013 on this site a discussion on plugs was ongoing. Seems plug choice is just as bad as oil choice. One thing kept being restated -- almost everyone ran a colder plug with one touting this one "NGK plug DPR9EVX-9" ????

I

Just checked "google" and back in 2013 on this site a discussion on plugs was ongoing. Seems plug choice is just as bad as oil choice. One thing kept being restated -- almost everyone ran a colder plug with one touting this one "NGK plug DPR9EVX-9" ????

You are right about spark plug choices:p

The info you saw dealt with the Twin Cams that needed alot of help as they ran too HOT IMO tho I have used NGK plugs in the past with good results;)

Reactions: MDO
I

Joe, a colder plug will transfer the heat faster than a stock or hotter plug

Keeping in mind a spark plug lives a hard life

It seals compression, lights the fire and transfers heat;)

For 9 out of 10 riders a stock plug is fine IMO

Too many have changed to some exotic plugs and set ups only to be mis led by manufactures about gains of horse power and so on JMHO

Pouring rain here in STL since midnight, but I did manage to stand at the DMV office & get new plates for the FW.

$30 for 2 years. I can live with that.

Missouri finally got smart & moved the motorcycle registration month from April to June, so we get an extra 2 months for free.:cool: We also get nice, new bicentennial plates. Life is good!:)

Finally, the sky's have parted & the weather is beautiful.

I will install my new plate & give her the old Lucas Speed Wax treatment, getting ready for my ride tomorrow.

When you can get a 70 mile ride in on a beautiful day, coupled with a family dinner, it's a great day.:cool:

The skies cleared this afternoon so we took trike to the high school parking lot so my wife could start practicing again. Her first time out since last October. Weather permitting, we are going out again tomorrow.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png