What Did You Do To Your Freewheeler Today?

I serviced my K&N air filter. It suprises me how dirty it gets. I have the 1 that goes in the stock air cleaner & it much bigger/wider than the stock filter. It really catches a lot of dirt at the front. You just spray the K&N cleaner on the outside of the filter & let it sit for 10 minutes, then rinse from the inside out with cool water.

I was almost out of the oil, so I bought a K&N spray oil can at Cycle Gear a few weeks back & it's much easier to use than the oil in a bottle that you have to squirt on each pleat. That's a mess & a pain. They have about 8 different air filter oils at the store, but the K&N was within a dollar, so I stuck with it. Some of the oils are for the foam air filters on a dirt bike.:Dorag:

Gettysburg

My wife and i rode "down" to Gettysburg Saturday . Had lunch at the ABC (American Brewing Comp - neither of us drink alcohol - good food). It was hot and crowded. We're only 100 miles north so we get there several times in the riding season. Great place to walk/visit in the fall. Eerily quiet when crowds are gone.

Nice photo. Bumper, driving lamps, lowers. How do lowers effect air flow in the heat? I have extended brake and shifter, not sure i can put them on my 15 fw.

Last edited:
Reactions: MDO
My wife and i rode "down" to Gettysburg Saturday . Had lunch at the ABC (American Brewing Comp - neither of us drink alcohol - good food). It was hot and crowded. We're only 100 miles north so we get there several times in the riding season. Great place to walk/visit in the fall. Eerily quiet when crowds are gone.

I'm from Lower Bucks County. This was my 13th year going there. When I lived in PA I would ride out there to get breakfast at the Avenue and just tour the battle fields. I love it there. We stay in the Hotel across the street we do Wed. to Sunday. Love the Beef tips from ABC. I am a member on Roadglide.org and we had a meet and greet there. That's what I was riding before I medically had to get off 2 wheels.

Three wheels

I know what your saying about giving up the two wheels. Sometimes life doesn't give you too many choices. But we're still riding. Im just up the road from you're old place. Middle of anthracite coal region, Northumberland Co.

No riding today. I just went out and put my FW on the Battery Tender. We have the hurricane remnants about 90 minutes away, so today & tomorrow we get about an inch of rain. South of here get's 2-4", so we are lucky.
:cool:

I also called Avon Tire, due to getting an e-mail that there was a problem with my tire rebate, but it's all ok now.

I like being able to submit it online. If your close to a fellow rider needing a tire, you get a $60 rebate for ordering 2.

Only $20 for 1.:cool:

Saturday we rode to our HOG meeting, wife on her FW and I on the Heritage. Later we met some friends and rode in a community parade.

Full-Size-R-1.jpg

Sunday we rode to Dunkin for coffee then stopped at the dealership before heading out for brunch and an afternoon ride.

20190714-084223-Film1-1.jpg

She has been adding up the solo miles and getting better riding. She plans to take the test in October for her license.

Pa safety inspection

Dropped off trike at dealership. I get lifetime free yearly Pa mv safety inspections. If done by the manual/regulations they pull wheels inspect and measure all brakes, check shocks, measure tire tread, check all lights and a myriad of other components plus mandated test ride. It's almost like a free routine service.

Dropped off trike at dealership. I get lifetime free yearly Pa mv safety inspections. If done by the manual/regulations they pull wheels inspect and measure all brakes, check shocks, measure tire tread, check all lights and a myriad of other components plus mandated test ride. It's almost like a free routine service.

That's one thing I dont miss about PA. Yearly emissions and inspections. Ohio has no vehicle inspection. Our cars get an e-check which is emissions but it's free and if your gas cap is bad they have them there and they're free too. My tags here are about the same as PA was. So it's not hidden in there. Likely part of my county taxes. But they're a third of what I paid living in Lower Bucks County.

Inspections

That's one thing I dont miss about PA. Yearly emissions and inspections. Ohio has no vehicle inspection. Our cars get an e-check which is emissions but it's free and if your gas cap is bad they have them there and they're free too. My tags here are about the same as PA was. So it's not hidden in there. Likely part of my county taxes. But they're a third of what I paid living in Lower Bucks County.

When on the job I ran across many Ohio vehicles with homemade everything. Bumpers held on with metal coat hangers, tires that were almost white due to the threads coming through, missing mirrors, plastic bags for windows and the list goes on. I dont agree with emissions inspection because "everyone" pays for a very few. The new vehicles are computer controlled. Thats another thing we owe to California, along with cat converters on motorcycles. Pa is "trying" to get rid of emissions checks. I'm all for safety inspections, I've inspected vehicles with virtually no brake pads/shoes remaining.

When on the job I ran across many Ohio vehicles with homemade everything. Bumpers held on with metal coat hangers, tires that were almost white due to the threads coming through, missing mirrors, plastic bags for windows and the list goes on. I dont agree with emissions inspection because "everyone" pays for a very few. The new vehicles are computer controlled. Thats another thing we owe to California, along with cat converters on motorcycles. Pa is "trying" to get rid of emissions checks. I'm all for safety inspections, I've inspected vehicles with virtually no brake pads/shoes remaining.

I agree not just any piece of shit should be on the road. The state and local police reserve the right to pull over and inspect any vehicle. If it fails then they get a sticker letting.other police know the vehicle is suspect to not being safe.

When we get tags we do not need to provide proof of insurance. That I disagree with. We just sign a waiver saying we have it.

Ride free

I agree not just any piece of shit should be on the road. The state and local police reserve the right to pull over and inspect any vehicle. If it fails then they get a sticker letting.other police know the vehicle is suspect to not being safe.

When we get tags we do not need to provide proof of insurance. That I disagree with. We just sign a waiver saying we have it.

Personal preference, but I think the only good thing Rendell did in Pa was repeal helmet law. I'm probably going to hear from many about head injuries, but at 55 mph helmets are the least of my concerns.

Finally got around to installing the Mighty Mite cooling fans on my 2019 FLRT. Horn dampener was a real pain to remove even after using heat on it. Ended up using a chisel to break it loose. Had to wire it straight to battery after trying to locate the correct connector in the trikes wiring harness to connect the updated wire harness to. Today after much research with wiring diagrams,I found wiring accessary 3 pin connector #325 which is located under right side cover. Page A-41 in supplement 2019 Trike service manual shows location of connector #325. So now,I will have to reconnect Mighty Mite wiring connector back on and wire it to work with ignition switch using my purchased conversion harness.

Finally adjusted my handle bars:p

Jack, I was thinking about the bars after reading your post.

Is checking the bar bolt torque on the list in the scheduled service?

I tried to follow the list at my 5,000 mile check & I didn't check it.

I guess I should. I have been lucky, I have only found 1 item loose & that was the trunk latch last year & I pulled both screws, cleaned & Loctited them & have had no further trouble. In my service torque checks, I haven't found anything loose either.

Jack, I was thinking about the bars after reading your post.

Is checking the bar bolt torque on the list in the scheduled service?

I tried to follow the list at my 5,000 mile check & I didn't check it.

I guess I should. I have been lucky, I have only found 1 item loose & that was the trunk latch last year & I pulled both screws, cleaned & Loctited them & have had no further trouble. In my service torque checks, I haven't found anything loose either.

No its not, but it should be

• Thanks
Like many, we are in the clutches of a heat wave. 99 today with a heat index of 110. I just came in from yard work & it's already 88. At 7am it was 82:confused:

I posted in the General Discussion forum, St Charles Harley Davidson , a big local dealership, had a fire in the repair shop last night & my oldest sons custom 2016 Road Glide($50,000) was there getting repaired.

He has not gotten an update yet, but it was a massive 4-alarm fire with smoke seen 5 miles away.

It does not look promising, but we will see. In the videos, they have 12-15 fire trucks at the scene.

I walked in the place once to interview them & the service department was swamped, they quoted me 2X the price on an installation & were rude to boot & I never went back.

I told him last week to take it to my dealer, Doc's HD.

Fire

Hopefully I wrong. I suggest you gear up for a long insurance battle. I can only speak for Pa insuring of bikes with custom additions, but they must be documented and an addendum added to the policy, either that or you get kbb or nada price for trade in.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
52johnson

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
52johnson
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png