What Did You Do To Your Freewheeler Today?

Hopefully I wrong. I suggest you gear up for a long insurance battle. I can only speak for Pa insuring of bikes with custom additions, but they must be documented and an addendum added to the policy, either that or you get kbb or nada price for trade in.

His is documented with the Insurance company with all receipts & 2 dozen pictures.

It's insured fo $52,000.

It's a mute point as we just found out they had not moved his bike to the shop yet.

It's nice to get lucky every once in a while.:)

His is documented with the Insurance company with all receipts & 2 dozen pictures.

It's insured fo $52,000.

It's a mute point as we just found out they had not moved his bike to the shop yet.

It's nice to get lucky every once in a while.:)

Would like to see a picture or two of it. :clapping:

• Thanks
Reactions: MDO
Pa mv safety inspections

Dealership finished inspection, bought trike there so i only pay for sticker, $7. They check all wheel bearings and drive belt , complimentary! On top of that they throw in complete wash. I bought hand grip warmers there almost a year ago and they stopped working this spring. Susquehanna Valley Harley Davidson replaced with no costs for parts or labor. I have another dealership 20 miles from me but i ride 55 one way to deal with these people. Spoke to salesman, he said they can't get enough fw and tri glides, there's now a waiting list! Population is getting older

Silver, with Krylon clear coat;)

I like the Krylon for plastic paint, it dries fast

I also cut a piece for a grille to protect the oil cooler fins

When completed, I will of course need pictures to determine if this project is something I need to rip off & duplicate. Did you use metal or plastic for the grill?

When completed, I will of course need pictures to determine if this project is something I need to rip off & duplicate. Did you use metal or plastic for the grill?

Metal, kinda like this, cut to fit inside.

The plastic cover holds it on

gr3bg_080510.jpg

My middle son is in town for his 20 year HS reunion in our 98° temps .

We are going to ride tomorrow morning before it gets terribly hot.

He has a truck & 5th wheeler toy hauler he goes to events in. He is headed to Sturgis after this & then the 4 Corners Rally in Durango over Labor day weekend.

My middle son & I got a 140 mile ride in this morning and it was pretty nice while you were moving. His truck & trailer are parked by my youngest sons house. His bike started life as a 2008 Dyna Fat Bob, but 11 years & 52,000 miles later, it's hardly recognizable from it's stock beginnings.

IMG_20190721_092733031.jpg

IMG_20190721_092716758_HDR.jpg

The FAB 28 exhaust sounds great!

He is leaving tomorrow morning for Sturgis & I mentioned to him I have been looking at phone mounts before my trip to Durango. He pops in his trailer, which is chocked full of goodies, mainly vendor samples & emerges & tosses me a box & says, "Pops, I got you covered". When it cools down, I have an installation to do.

Ram Phone Mount.jpg

I went out to the garage about 2:00 PM (14:00 hours), looked at trike, looked at thermometer and went back in house where AC is. 97 degrees ambient in garage; heat index about 105. Even with three fans going in garage just too hot. Tomorrow I plan on starting early in the morning if nothing happens. Will start 30,000 mile service, have remote oil filter mount from DK Custom, new brake pads and fender bras to install also. Probably turn this into a two day job.

Yesterday met a friend for lunch and didn't get back to the house until 2:30. Felt like I had been riding in a convection oven all the way home.

Sunman

He is leaving tomorrow morning for Sturgis & I mentioned to him I have been looking at phone mounts before my trip to Durango. He pops in his trailer, which is chocked full of goodies, mainly vendor samples & emerges & tosses me a box & says, "Pops, I got you covered". When it cools down, I have an installation to do.

View attachment 74297

I have one of these on my Freewheeler. I really like the included rubber piece that holds my iPhone securely. When I am riding locally I use the Ram mount with a holder for my garage door opener.

I have one of these on my Freewheeler. I really like the included rubber piece that holds my iPhone securely. When I am riding locally I use the Ram mount with a holder for my garage door opener.

Im curious Lola, did you choose the perch/control mount or did you mount it directly to the handlebars?

Im curious Lola, did you choose the perch/control mount or did you mount it directly to the handlebars?

I used the U bolt mounts for both of mine. I have them mounted near the center of my handlebars, one on each side so that my phone and GPS are protected by the windshield.

• Thanks

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stockville69

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stockville69
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png