What Did You Do To Your Freewheeler Today?

Nice. Did you have to pull the body to get to it?

Didnt see this. Sorry.

No I didnt. No need. If you unhook all the wiring from the solenoid and the relay its super easy. Two bolts drop out the reverse drive and then take the wires off the drive. Reverse the process putting it back in. Wire up the drive and shove it in.

Reactions: MDO
I like the stock bars & exhaust. I'm assuming Factory 47s are new bars?

Yes. Factory 47s are bars. They're meat hook style 14" apes. I had the 12" on my Roadglide special. the Freewheeler has 12" and they're just a bit short for me so I went up 2"

I'm not a fan of stock anything really. Except the motor. Love a dependable bike. I only went stage 1. Mufflers, air cleaner and the SEPST for the tune. Retaining my warranty. but in 2 years that's gone. Open header, better mufflers and a better tuner. Take the heat out of the equation and add some grunt. I ride a lot. I'm at 3270 miles in 5 weeks. I did 340 today alone just blasting around western Pa and North East Ohio. all country roads. Left work at 7:20.am Just got home at 7pm

I didn't ride today as I was a good boy & did my yard work before it hit 90.:)

I went to my Cycle Gear store to talk tire mounting & they answered my questions.

I also taĺked Bluetooth headsets & they are a wealth of information. I found 1 I liked at a great price & they gave me a Veteran's discount. I also ordered a Battery Tender USB charger that plugs into the battery charger plug.

71xYpJwLgwL._SL1500_.jpg

I will report on it after its installed. You bring your helmet in and they do the install & pair it to your phone, all at no charge. This will allow me to hear my GPS verbal commands & listen to music, if desired & make/receive calls.

I didn't ride today as I was a good boy & did my yard work before it hit 90.:)

I went to my Cycle Gear store to talk tire mounting & they answered my questions.

I also taĺked Bluetooth headsets & they are a wealth of information. I found 1 I liked at a great price & they gave me a Veteran's discount. I also ordered a Battery Tender USB charger that plugs into the battery charger plug.

I will report on it after its installed. You bring your helmet in and they do the install & pair it to your phone, all at no charge. This will allow me to hear my GPS verbal commands & listen to music, if desired.

I have the tender to USB. Ran it up to my bars and have a dedicated hot to the phone. Works great. I have the Sena S20 in my helmet. Works good. Music sounds ok. Now that I have the amp and speakers in my lowers its dedicated to the phone. My GPS comes through the lowers.

What headset did you go with?

I have the tender to USB. Ran it up to my bars and have a dedicated hot to the phone. Works great. I have the Sena S20 in my helmet. Works good. Music sounds ok. Now that I have the amp and speakers in my lowers its dedicated to the phone. My GPS comes through the lowers.

What headset did you go with?

I plan on running power to the bars temporarily & I normally don't ride with the phone or listen to music, I'm just doing it for longer trips.

I got this. It's just for phone, GPS & music, not bike to bike comms. Hard to beat for $75

Cardo Q-Solo

The Cardo Q-Solo links up to your smartphone to offer basic Bluetooth functionality like hearing GPS navigation, listening to music or making phone calls.

cardo_q_solo_1800x1800.jpg

I plan on running power to the bars temporarily & I normally don't ride with the phone or listen to music, I'm just doing it for longer trips.

I got this. It's just for phone, GPS & music, not bike to bike comms. Hard to beat for $75

Cardo Q-Solo

The Cardo Q-Solo links up to your smartphone to offer basic Bluetooth functionality like hearing GPS navigation, listening to music or making phone calls.

View attachment 74842

Definitely a good option for those not needing to chat with other riders.

Tore down the bike for the new bars coming in tomorrow. Tanks if off so I can adjust the wiring to the amp from the controller. Mounting the controller low on the bars. Not up near the grip.

IMG_20190805_173739_699.jpg

IMG_20190805_173739_700.jpg

While your torn down to that point, I highly recommend installing these plug wires.

The performance boost is immediate & very noticeable.

https://www.triketalk.com/forum/threads/54178-Thundervolt-50-Spark-Plug-Wires-Simply-Amazing

I'm not a big subscriber to this. Iridium plugs for me is money better spent. Until I see some dyno charts. The opinions expressed are just opinions. Seat of the pants dynos are all subject to personal opinion. There was a thread on this over at Roadglide.org and I seen the debate go both ways. But no one has given hard numbers or any actual evidence of the advantages of these wires. So I'm gonna save my pennies. The fact it wheel stands with a simple stage one is good enough. I'll drop in the iridium plugs next service.

I'm not a big subscriber to this. Iridium plugs for me is money better spent. Until I see some dyno charts. The opinions expressed are just opinions. Seat of the pants dynos are all subject to personal opinion. There was a thread on this over at Roadglide.org and I seen the debate go both ways. But no one has given hard numbers or any actual evidence of the advantages of these wires. So I'm gonna save my pennies. The fact it wheel stands with a simple stage one is good enough. I'll drop in the iridium plugs next service.

To each his own. I stayed with the stock plugs, as they looked really good after 2 years & all 4 looked very consistent. I replaced them while the tank was off.

Put as far as the plug wire upgrade, the improvement was amazing & very noticeable.

You are really racking up the miles. I bought my 17 FW in CA, rode 1,100 miles in 3 days with my son & 2 other riders to break it in, the dealer serviced it & I left for the trip back from So. CA to St. Louis & logged 3,250 miles total in 10 days.

After adding an external breather system, K&N air filter in the stock box & the Thundervolt 50 plug wires, at over 9,000 miles, it's running better than it ever did.:cool:

Gassed up and rode to the Subaru dealer

We get a Birthday card in my wife's name from the purchase of her 2018 Forester

The card is good for $20.00, so I got 2 oil filters and drain plug crush gaskets for free

Going to be 95+ degrees here today, I may go sit @ the beach:p

Gassed up and rode to the Subaru dealer

We get a Birthday card in my wife's name from the purchase of her 2018 Forester

The card is good for $20.00, so I got 2 oil filters and drain plug crush gaskets for free

Going to be 95+ degrees here today, I may go sit @ the beach:p

Tell the wife happy BDay from Trike Talk.

I never owned 1, but those Subaru's seem to be impressive vehicles. Enjoy the beach.

Tell the wife happy BDay from Trike Talk.

I never owned 1, but those Subaru's seem to be impressive vehicles. Enjoy the beach.

Thanks Michael

Being a tech all my life and knowing the safety with Subaru this was a no brainer, plus the Lifetime power train warranty

This thing has some features I have not figured out yet:p

I haven't looked at it yet, but I want to move the Battery Tender pigtail to the right side, closer to the front of the seat, if possible. I may pull the seat tomorrow & look.

I didn't get to look at the battery tender cable today as I started cleaning my garage.

Tomorrow I'm riding to Cycle Gear & have them install my Bluetooth headset & pick up the USB charger.

I may get a pleasure ride in after that. I will have to reposition the cable another day.

I didn't get to look at the battery tender cable today as I started cleaning my garage.

Tomorrow I'm riding to Cycle Gear & have them install my Bluetooth headset & pick up the USB charger.

I may get a pleasure ride in after that. I will have to reposition the cable another day.

Watch out for the HOT exhaust;)

I think you could snake the pigtail thru the hole by the coil ( directly in front of the battery) then zip tie it up I ran some wiring this way from the Power Vision and the Mighty mites Out of sight and clean

Cardo Q-Solo

View attachment 74842

I got the Scala Rider Q-solo installed today at Cycle Gear & it works better that I thought it would.

I never thought I would like having music, but it's pretty nice for longer rides.

I seleted a Google Maps route to test it and started IHeart radio & the music was crystal clear & it stops for the voice to tell me where to turn. Works great for $75.

Nice 70 mile ride to my sons house to test it. I'm happy & ready for the 4 Corners rally in Durango.:Dorag:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burnout

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burnout
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png