What Did You Do To Your Freewheeler Today?

I hope the rest of you are getting some riding in. It's either 95° here or were getting 3" of rain.

I may try to ride Saturday before the fireworks start. 1 of our local dealers is having a BBQ & I may swing by. I am having a hard time recovering from my early April bout of pneumonia that was pretty severe. It's amazing to me that the pneumonia is harder to recover from than the heart surgery. :)

I hope the rest of you are getting some riding in. It's either 95° here or were getting 3" of rain.

I may try to ride Saturday before the fireworks start. 1 of our local dealers is having a BBQ & I may swing by. I am having a hard time recovering from my early April bout of pneumonia that was pretty severe. It's amazing to me that the pneumonia is harder to recover from than the heart surgery. :)

You are one tough Cowboy -- pneumonia and heart surgery. I'm proud of you.

Hope you get to ride this weekend --- how about social distancing at the BBQ?

Cheers

• Thanks
Reactions: MDO
Rode mine on a 75 mile lunch run today. Left about 10:45 and took some back roads I haven't been on in awhile. Temp wasn't too bad when I left. Headed back home at 1:00. Temp was 97 deg. and with humidity the heat index was 106 deg. Felt like I rode home in a convection oven. Think I will stick to breakfast runs until cooler temps are here.

Sunman

Rode mine on a 75 mile lunch run today. Left about 10:45 and took some back roads I haven't been on in awhile. Temp wasn't too bad when I left. Headed back home at 1:00. Temp was 97 deg. and with humidity the heat index was 106 deg. Felt like I rode home in a convection oven. Think I will stick to breakfast runs until cooler temps are here.

Sunman

H O L Y C O W..... -- no way I could do that --- today, here in the North West -- I mowed and was wearing jeans, sweat shirt, and a down vest.

One extreme to another - -

Take care,

Rode about 80 miles. It was 91 and humid, just the way I like it.

The flush mounted LED fuel gauge I put on a few days ago seems fairly accurate. It's been 160 miles since my last fill up, 85 miles remaining to empty and 3 of the 7 LED's are illuminated.

I've been wanting to change the grips and most of the time get something from HD. Based on another thread with recommendations, yesterday I ordered Avon Velvet Air Cushion's from Revzilla. To make it pertinent to today :) , I got the shipment email this morning, they should be here Tuesday. Will probably be a few days after that before I get around to putting them on.

My wife, myself and another couple road out to Kinzua Bridge State Park. The Viaduct, once the longest and tallest railroad structure at 2,053 feet long and 301 feet high, was partially destroyed by a tornado during 2003. Reinvented as a pedestrian walkway during 2011, visitors can stroll 600 feet out on the remaining support towers, peer miles out into the Kinzua Gorge, and gaze down through the partial glass platform at the end of the walkway.

After a lunch stop we unsuccessfully tried to race the thunderstorms back home. 198 mile day.

20200712-121219-Film1.jpg

20200712-121207-Film1.jpg

20200712-132808-Film1.jpg

20200712-132901-Film1.jpg

20200712-133539-Film1.jpg

20200712-133834-1594599404027.jpg

20200712-134226-Film1.jpg

image000000-1594599403801.jpg

Yesterday I downloaded a new tune recommended by Dynojet after talking to them on Friday. Went for a 60 miles lunch run to check it out. It lowered the ET on the Powervision only about 5 degrees to 255 running 60 mph with air temp at 96 and heat index at 108. Oil temp peaked at 240. Later this week when I can get out I am going to run a couple of auto runs and see if that helps. Dynojet said they didn't think the temps were out of line but I want to get them lower. I have seen several people on here with significantly lower temps but I don't know if they are air cooled or twin cooled. May end up adding another oil cooler if the auto tune doesn't help.

Sunman

Im curious, do the twin cam Freewheelers (2015-16) have a fan on their oil coolers?

If not, maybe a switch to the fan assisted models may very well knock 10-15° off the oil temp.

After the DK Customs 1.5" tank lift & cooling deflectors, I have decided to live with mine...

Oil testing after 2,000 miles showed the oil in great shape. I'm going to test it again at 15 thousand miles.

Im curious, do the twin cam Freewheelers (2015-16) have a fan on their oil coolers? If not, maybe a switch to the fan assisted models may very well knock 10-15° off the oil temp. After the DK Customs 1.5" tank lift & cooling deflectors, I have decided to live with mine...Oil testing after 2,000 miles showed the oil in great shape. I'm going to test it again at 15 thousand miles.

No fan on my 2015 OEM oil cooler. I have love jugs, 2" tank lift, remote oil filter and cooling deflectors. I also have the JES fork fangs. I took them off for a run but it only lowered the ET about 5 deg. Without them the wind turbulence is too much so I put them back on. If auto tune doesn't help I will have to live with it or maybe add an aux. oil cooler.

Sunman

• Thanks
Reactions: MDO

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johear65

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johear65
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png