What Did You Do To Your Freewheeler Today?

Last night I installed H-D Chrome and Rubber rider footboard covers and brake pedal pad. Waiting for the passenger footboards to arrive along with shift pegs.

20200723-142116-Film1.jpg

20200723-142559-Film1.jpg

Last night I installed H-D Chrome and Rubber rider footboard covers and brake pedal pad. Waiting for the passenger footboards to arrive along with shift pegs.

Looks good! Next thing on my list was going to be the luggage rack, mainly to be a mount for the Custom Dynamics airfoil LED lights but these floor boards may have to bump that down a notch.

Been away for a while, but to catch up: Mighty Mites fans kick ass and definitely lower engine temps (to the point where even the ol' lady on the back mentioned that she could feel the difference on her legs), and DAMN but I'm VERY highly impressed with Freedom windshields! Wife asked why I was riding so slow on our country back roads... she thought I was doing about 40 when I was doing 60. Then I got back on I-35, and was doing over 85 hitting it on an onramp and didn't even realize it, thought I was passing 65 on the way to 70 when I glanced down at the speedo. *Extremely* impressed with the product and the customer service. Sucker is about three times thicker than the stock windshield and absolutely kicks booty. Flipped the visor open at 75+ to push my glasses up and got absolutely zero wind blast, before it would damn near blast my glasses off. HIGHLY recommend both the Mighty Mites and the Freedom windshield.

Been away for a while, but to catch up: Mighty Mites fans kick ass and definitely lower engine temps (to the point where even the ol' lady on the back mentioned that she could feel the difference on her legs), and DAMN but I'm VERY highly impressed with Freedom windshields! Wife asked why I was riding so slow on our country back roads... she thought I was doing about 40 when I was doing 60. Then I got back on I-35, and was doing over 85 hitting it on an onramp and didn't even realize it, thought I was passing 65 on the way to 70 when I glanced down at the speedo. *Extremely* impressed with the product and the customer service. Sucker is about three times thicker than the stock windshield and absolutely kicks booty. Flipped the visor open at 75+ to push my glasses up and got absolutely zero wind blast, before it would damn near blast my glasses off. HIGHLY recommend both the Mighty Mites and the Freedom windshield.

Hey Red, can you post a pic or 2? I've currently got the HD 20" windshield and have been thinking about replacing it. Where is the top of the windshield in relation to your eyes, do you look over the top of it or through it? What tint did you get? Thanks!

Finally got around to installing the Avon grips I got a couple weeks ago. Hey, I'm retired, it goes with the territory. Thought I'd post a pic of just one side.

Back in the day the switch housings, caps and clamps would be all chrome. But, with age I got lazy. I'll just consider the stock black stuff my contribution to the "blacked out" craze made popular by SOA. :)

Attachments

• IMG_1356.JPG
    IMG_1356.JPG
    501 KB · Views: 50
Hey Red, can you post a pic or 2? I've currently got the HD 20" windshield and have been thinking about replacing it. What tint did you get? Thanks!

21", no tint. It's got a little flip near the top; from the side it looks like it distorts, but not at all when you look through it. That flip sends the wind blast up over your helmet. You can see the Mighty Mites too. IMG_20200725_122956.jpgIMG_20200725_122946.jpg

21", no tint. It's got a little flip near the top; from the side it looks like it distorts, but not at all when you look through it. That flip sends the wind blast up over your helmet. You can see the Mighty Mites too.

Thanks! I use mine only during the colder winter months and have been wanting to get a shorter one but don't want to get too short allowing the freezing blast to hit me.

Thanks! I use mine only during the colder winter months and have been wanting to get a shorter one but don't want to get too short allowing the freezing blast to hit me.

Lol I'm in central Texas. I pulled the windshield the other day just for old times sake... at 55mph I was reminded of the utility of a windshield, and when I got up to the local speed limit, 75 mph, I was reminded how much fun it *isn't* to get beat to death by wind blast!

Best gauge for a windshield is a carpenter's level. Settle into your normal riding position and hold the level up to the end of your nose. Get it level and see where it hits your windshield. That's the height you want. Lets you see over the top without being too low to divert wind/bugs/rain.

No carpenter's level at my house, but I now know after riding it 5+ years that my windshield is too tall. I have gotten so used to looking through it that I haven't really thought about it.

I read the reason why I shouldn't be doing that on the Freedom Shield website.

Hey all... nothing Freewheeler wise as I have not ridden in weeks & really miss it

I got home late Friday afternoon after 8 days in the VA hospital. I went for a appointment with my PCP Thursday morning and ended up staying 8 days.

No tablet or phone charger. I have to start packing a go bag to bring with me.

I really miss reading your posts and contributing.

They found a blood clot in my heart, so I'm back on blood thinners. I didn't seem to be able to catch a break.

OK, I'm done wining for now.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png