First ride yesterday since April

2006gold

950+ Posts
Jun 11, 2013
DFW, Texas
Experienced a retina detachment in the right eye, two times in three weeks, so I've been unable to do any riding due to that. Next was having the eyelid worked on that was damaged on the 2014 accident. Vision in the right eye will never be 100% again, so I'm looking to add some additional mirrors to compensate somewhat and make the wife feel a bit more safe riding. Anyone have suggestions? I've found some rather large convex mirrors on the 'net, but haven't determined a really good way to mount them that offers good rear visibility, yet won't damage Scarlet.

:Congrats: on your first ride back. Sorry, I have nothing to offer on the mirrors for a Goldwing.

Hopefully you are wearing goggles or a full face shield.

Experienced a retina detachment in the right eye, two times in three weeks, so I've been unable to do any riding due to that. Next was having the eyelid worked on that was damaged on the 2014 accident. Vision in the right eye will never be 100% again, so I'm looking to add some additional mirrors to compensate somewhat and make the wife feel a bit more safe riding. Anyone have suggestions? I've found some rather large convex mirrors on the 'net, but haven't determined a really good way to mount them that offers good rear visibility, yet won't damage Scarlet.

could you rig a rear facing camera that would be easier to view with a display right in front of you?

The only place I found to mount m convex mirror was a smallish 3 inch mirror in the lower right hand corner of the mirror. It mainly just lets me see the fenders. Doesnt really help with rear or side vision in my case.

Congrats on your ability to ride again ... as for the mirror issue, I would consult a glass shop and see if they can custom make a dot approved mirror of you ... You could double sided tape it to the current one, like those spot mirrors.

I've put these on every bike I've ever owned. Might not be great for you ... but I've had glass shops make mirror before when I needed a size I couldn't get. It's just tempered glass with silver backing.

Spot Mirrors.jpg

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PoolmanJC

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PoolmanJC
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png