new fairing info Freewheeler

Oct 6, 2018
Congress
last week I bought a 2018 freewheeler and right away had to have a custom seat as the stock seat had the boys on the tank. now I'm looking at batwing farings. Has anyone got a brand or model that seems to work without breaking the bank

Beau

Reckless Batwing for Freewheeler. Very well made, GREAT Rockford stereo and speakers.

Attachments

• 1B31C7BC-951D-4F32-BA29-5F54472CA6D7.jpeg
    1B31C7BC-951D-4F32-BA29-5F54472CA6D7.jpeg
    116.8 KB · Views: 395
  • BCC20DDE-9FCF-4745-932C-F07E0722A424.jpeg
    BCC20DDE-9FCF-4745-932C-F07E0722A424.jpeg
    152.2 KB · Views: 377
Reckless Batwing for Freewheeler. Very well made, GREAT Rockford stereo and speakers.

I am thinking about adding a fairing to my freewheeler. Was just wondering, what size windscreen do you have on the front? I am unsure if I want the 5" or the 10" clear or smoked! How are the radio and speakers? Wasn't sure if I should get the round speakers or the oblong ones....

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

I bought, and have not installed it yet, a Reckless Vent style XE fairing since I get my music through my Cardo Packtalk headset. I chose the 5" smoke shield since on trips I will wear a full face helmet and won't be concerned with any wind flutter if any and the lower shield looks better in my opinion. Any Harley shield,2012 and back,will fit the Reckless fairing so more sizes and shapes are available from after market vendors.

I want to look over the shield by about 2 inches. The 5” was too low and the 10” too high. Kinda figures, eh? I bought a 7” from Freedom Shields out of Colorado. Now just perfect.

After looking into the fairing, and checking my wallet, I am looking for something a bit cheaper. Does anyone have any info on the Reckless Rock Hoodz system? I was looking at putting one of those on my windshield but was curious how it sounds. Also interested in how difficult it would be to install... is it as simple as plug and go, or is splicing wires involved?!

Got the Memphis Shade on my Free. For music, I use an iPod with wireless Bluetooth ear buds. I can listen to my choice of music so loud it will make my eyes bleed, but won't bother anyone riding with me. Unfortunately, we are in Arizona now, and the trikes are in California, so I can't offer up any pictures. I made a little dash and attached it to the handle bar cover with automotive double stick tape. I've got he iPod and a small GPS mounted there. I ran power there so I don't have to worry about batteries going flat on a long ride. Less than $500 invested in the whole thing, and with the flip of a lever, the windshield / fairing comes off.

Reactions: MDO

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neil wright

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neil wright
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png