How about a 151 cu in M8 for your Freewheeler....

Free Bird

Mar 20, 2018
Saint Louis
Take a look at this one.... If you like "cubes"... This buds for you

https://leadingedge-vtwin.com/

cr=w_800,h_500,a_cc (1).jpg

LEADING EDGE MILWAUKEE EIGHT 151 INCH KIT The 151ci Kit from Leading Edge V-Twin

4.310 bore on a 5.180 stroke for a total displacement of 151.14 cubic inches

Large bore kit is for use on any of Harley-Davidson’s Milwaukee Eight engine platforms.

Engine cases have to be machined for the kit to be used (just like the good ole days)

Items in the 151ci kit are: Flywheel assembly, cylinders, pistons, timken bearing conversion, roller bearing on pinion side, cam bearing, choice of cam, lifters, pushrods, piston jet block off plate kit, and all necessary gaskets and seals

Fastest Free in the Land?..... Hmmmm I got the tires for it.... Hmmmmm....... Holy Hook'em up Batman!.... I need to get wheelie wheels!

cr=w_800,h_500,a_cc.jpg

151.jpg

That many cu. in. Wouldn't run too hot?

Glad you weighed in MDO.... I was laughing and thinking you would get a kick out of this. Honestly, I have been laughing about a 151 CI V-Twin all night.

Here is what they say about the temp....

"Our design changes allow the stock oiling system into the cylinder head to be deleted. The cylinder head temperatures stay the same as an OE engine and the oil temp stays consistently 20 degrees cooler than a stock M8 engine at idle."

Not sure about the details of why that is. But is has to be hot

My bigger technical questions are 1.) How do you transfer that power to the wheels (i.e. tranny mods - They mention a Baker GrudgeBox (6k) but you also have to do something to get it to the rear wheel - So what type of drive belt or chain will be needed) and 2.) What is the exhaust design. Very short (loud) individually tuned (for the cam choice)headers are mentioned (Fab 28 Industries ~ $2500).

For $9k they install the kit into your engine for you and then there are a number of add-ons that they discuss to optimize the installation.

So first person with $20k that they are willing to drop on a super-engine will have to report back to us.

PS....

They also state that the cylinder design assists in cooling...

"Cylinders are made in the USA from aerospace-grade billet aluminum. Our radically different fin design results in far more efficient air cooling. Inside the cylinders reside aircraft-grade steel sleeves coated with our proprietary mix of Nikasil nickel/carbide/silicon plating".

151 2.jpg

I hope you survive the blizzard. My daughter in law & granddaughters have been stuck on the highway for 6 hours.[/QUOTE]

Yes... It took me 2 hrs to get home from my plant and I left early at 4:30. I called off second shift as a safety precaution. Only the third time in my 32 year career that I closed the plant because of snow. The ice layer under the snow is the real culprit. We have ~9" of the white stuff on the driveway now and it is still coming down as of this writing....

• Thanks
Reactions: MDO
I hope you survive the blizzard. My daughter in law & granddaughters have been stuck on the highway for 6 hours.

Yes... It took me 2 hrs to get home from my plant and I left early at 4:30. I called off second shift as a safety precaution. Only the third time in my 32 year career that I closed the plant because of snow. The ice layer under the snow is the real culprit. We have ~9" of the white stuff on the driveway now and it is still coming down as of this writing....[/QUOTE]

They just got home. Francis Howell elementary school to Eureka took 7.5 hours.

Yes... It took me 2 hrs to get home from my plant and I left early at 4:30. I called off second shift as a safety precaution. Only the third time in my 32 year career that I closed the plant because of snow. The ice layer under the snow is the real culprit. We have ~9" of the white stuff on the driveway now and it is still coming down as of this writing....

They just got home. Francis Howell elementary school to Eureka took 7.5 hours.[/QUOTE]

WOW! Well thank God they made it safely. The roads are a mess. Snow is accumulating faster that it can be managed I think

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png