For my understanding friends

Frank, I would like to share something that helped us when we lost our FurBaby Kodi. Hope it helps you as well.

Robert (Sadface)

· Pet library

Being a veterinarian, I had been called to examine a ten-year-old Irish Wolf hound named Belker. The dog's owners, Ron, his wife Lisa, and their little boy Shane, were all very attached to Belker, and they were hoping for a miracle.

I examined Belker and found he was dying of cancer. I told the family we couldn't do anything for Belker, and offered to perform the euthanasia procedure for the old dog in their home.

As we made arrangements, Ron and Lisa told me they thought it would be good for six-year-old Shane to observe the procedure. They felt as though Shane might learn something from the experience.

The next day, I felt the familiar catch in my throat as Belker's family surrounded him. Shane seemed so calm, petting the old dog for the last time, that I wondered if he understood what was going on. Within a few minutes, Belker slipped peacefully away.

The little boy seemed to accept Belker's transition without any difficulty or confusion. We sat together for a while after Belker's Death, wondering aloud about the sad fact that animal lives are shorter than human lives. Shane, who had been listening quietly, piped up, 'I know why.'

Startled, we all turned to him. What came out of his mouth next stunned me. I'd never heard a more comforting explanation.

He said, 'People are born so that they can learn how to live a good Life - - like loving everybody all the time and being nice, right?' The Six-year-old continued, 'Well, dogs already know how to do that, so they don't have to stay as long.'

God Bless!

Frank, sorry for your lose. I went through the same thing with my baby girl, Cheyenne, my Sheltie. I still feel the lose. BTW, her and I talked too. We had our own language. Remember the good times my friend.

Housekeepers been buggin on a puppy addition. We’ve been thru the rescue procedure, which I can understand and agree with to some point. The part of paying you a visit after a month or so after you receive your new buddy, should be enough to convince them if your sane or insane.

Unless your physical enough to keep up with your new member , you don’t need a Jack Russell ! There are an awful lot of abused dogs that will never change there ways , nor is there any shortage of them.

We have decided to get another pup , in a week or so , to replenish what we lost. As with all our pups, it’s a every day thought that somthings missing. The other night I woke up to let the dog out :Shrug: I peed outside instead :clapping:

We picked out a few small breeds as we are not active people any more. What I would like does not mean it’s practical to have if you can’t for fill there needs.

Let ya know when it comes together.

What do ya think Dazer ? Am I doing the right thing :Shrug:

Housekeepers been buggin on a puppy addition. We’ve been thru the rescue procedure, which I can understand and agree with to some point. The part of paying you a visit after a month or so after you receive your new buddy, should be enough to convince them if your sane or insane.

Unless your physical enough to keep up with your new member , you don’t need a Jack Russell ! There are an awful lot of abused dogs that will never change there ways , nor is there any shortage of them.

We have decided to get another pup , in a week or so , to replenish what we lost. As with all our pups, it’s a every day thought that somthings missing. The other night I woke up to let the dog out :Shrug: I peed outside instead :clapping:

We picked out a few small breeds as we are not active people any more. What I would like does not mean it’s practical to have if you can’t for fill there needs.

Let ya know when it comes together.

What do ya think Dazer ? Am I doing the right thing :Shrug:

Yes!...........

Frankie you are very much like me and my wife. The LOVE that those furry kids give us in their short lives far far out does the hurt when they have to go. We started the year with 3 and are now down to one. With all that we would not want to be without one. So I believe the answer is not even up for debate.

Have fun

Congrats to you!

Your decision is yours...but I have advice: if at all possible try very hard to avoid a little one that sheds. Leg lifts are no fun either and neutering doesn’t necessarily stop that.

After YEARS of Llahsa-Poos, Poodles, Yorkies... no hair found anywhere, anytime.

Now I have a short-haired Chihuahua in the pooch pak - another little lost soul I HAD to welcome in... hair EVERYWHERE - doesn’t matter how much brushing or washing she gets.... but DANG!...BEWARE!....they are so small and cute! :)

P.s...she is otherwise a very clean dog with very nice manners and lots of intelligence...her saving graces! LOL!

Congrats to you!

Your decision is yours...but I have advice: if at all possible try very hard to avoid a little one that sheds. Leg lifts are no fun either and neutering doesn’t necessarily stop that.

After YEARS of Llahsa-Poos, Poodles, Yorkies... no hair found anywhere, anytime.

Now I have a short-haired Chihuahua in the pooch pak - another little lost soul I HAD to welcome in... hair EVERYWHERE - doesn’t matter how much brushing or washing she gets.... but DANG!...BEWARE!....they are so small and cute! :)

P.s...she is otherwise a very clean dog with very nice manners and lots of intelligence...her saving graces! LOL!

After reading about Alan’s Harley passing , it got my mind all twisted , as I waited a full year before I realized that something was missing here.

Well it’s been 6months since I adopted Mr. Beans , and he has come along so well for a stubborn Shih Tzu Chihuahua mix. He now free ranges the yard and responds to my commands. He will be going to the groomers on Wednesday to get his summer cut.

I know all to well with the shedding thing ,as my Lab left enough to remember her by. Beans doesn’t shed , but has a heavy winter coat . Pants a lot and it’s not hot yet. The crew cut should end that issue.

With all that being said , I’m sure Alan will be lost for quite a while. I sure hope for him that the void gets refilled as Beans refilled mine. As it’s often said , when we get upstairs , all the tails will be waging at the gates.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png