Electric HD

Sully

Trike Talk Executive Chef
Mar 23, 2014
Kennesaw, Ga.
What is HD Thinking???????? What good is this ????? No place to charge it on a long road trip...

How many Battery's would it take for a Trike...:laugh:

Propelled by the immediate torque of an all-electric motor, the LiveWire is capable of astounding acceleration with just a twist of the throttle – no clutching or gear shifting required. A low center of gravity, rigid aluminum frame and premium adjustable suspension components give the LiveWire dynamic handling. Performance and range are optimized for the urban street-rider.

45502860_10155968481760765_6855743483546697728_n.jpg

What is HD Thinking???????? What good is this ????? No place to charge it on a long road trip...

How many Battery's would it take for a Trike...:laugh:

Propelled by the immediate torque of an all-electric motor, the LiveWire is capable of astounding acceleration with just a twist of the throttle – no clutching or gear shifting required. A low center of gravity, rigid aluminum frame and premium adjustable suspension components give the LiveWire dynamic handling. Performance and range are optimized for the urban street-rider.

View attachment 63642

They Harley is having a lot of problems with the liveWire electric bike, It seems like every time the test rider makes a U turn the extension cord gets tangled in the rear sprocket.....:Shrug:

I don't know what harley was thinkin. But I'm thinkin I'd buy one in a heartbeat, if I had the extra cash. I cant go far with my ankle bracelet anyway, so range isn't a problem.:) I like the idea of quiet.

Electric MC

Get used to the thought folks , After all some one had to start it here, as there has been electric scooters for a while ,I’m sure others will soon follow. So far the Emflux Electric , impresses me , If ya don’t mind going to India!!

As far as price , it’s like a new cell phone , after 6 months , the price decreases.

Just make sure ya got a deck of cards and lots of clothes pins —- as the world putts on :scooter:

I think Harley has a tiger by the tail. Electric is where it's at in the future. No more cams, air filters or slipons with numerous tunes to get the max out of all that stuff. Like was mentioned, with a trike you got room to spare with additional batteries. Now if HD was really smart they'd release a electric trike. Demand for recharging stations will force the needed change in that area. Until that time just carry a 100 foot extension cord. I'm ready for the new wave. It will take some adjustments on the riders side since they can no longer depend on those awful sounding pipes that destroy hearing so the sooner I can get one of these things the sooner I can learn what's needed to survive. I'm ready. But for a trike. Not one of these back killing sporty things. I'm ready to cruise and actually be able to hear my music.:clapping::clapping::clapping::p:p:p:D:D:D

If ''Poof''.........Every one went to electric vehicles 99 percent of the dealers will fold, Along with repair shops and places like NAPA -Auto-zone etc....

Think about it , No Money making oil changes , Tuneups , Spark plugs, Tailpipes , Mufflers, etc-ect will be needed.. And then what to do with all them vacant gas stations .....

This why the Auto Czars are hopping Elon Musk fails.....In Jersey the New car dealers association had a law passed limiting Tesla to only Two dealerships in the Garden State...

Cant sell a Tesla owner a 500 dollar tuneup and oil change...

The background focus of most if not all auto and motorcycle manufacturers worldwide, is definitely on eventually going to electric power over internal combustion.

Some are more proactive than others, but its coming. Probably not in anyone who's reading this, (me included), lifetime. At least I hope not, as I have too many I/C powered "toys" in my garage...:AGGHH:

The background focus of most if not all auto and motorcycle manufacturers worldwide, is definitely on eventually going to electric power over internal combustion.

Some are more proactive than others, but its coming. Probably not in anyone who's reading this, (me included), lifetime. At least I hope not, as I have too many I/C powered "toys" in my garage...:AGGHH:

The proactive company's want to have an electric vehicle waiting in the wings just in case the Fed's mandate them.....And i think some states are starting to do just that...

Some times I wonder if this is closer than we all think.At least for cars.Bikes may not be far behind.Without looking it up I think some countries are mandating electric around 2022.If we get the wrong commander in chief we won't be far behind.And lets not kid ourselves if it wouldn't kill so many jobs overnight all they would have to do is say no registrations on vehicles older than 20xx and we would be forced into some hard decisions fast.And they would do it.

Power storage has always been the problem. They're trying to come up with something more efficient than batteries. Just imagine if they could store enough energy in a box the size of a standard car battery, that could go 200 miles. They need a way to regenerate the depleted power. Anything that has that much storage energy has to be dangerous. They need something that recharges itself.

Harley Electric Fuel Cell for those electric bikes iworrying about the Outback

battery-truck.jpg

sorry about the double post

Last edited:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png