Winter Cycle Storage

All I do is put Stabil in the tank, park the trike further back in the garage and plug it into the Battery Tender.

Yup, same as you with short ride to get Stabil through system and cover Trike with breathable material (bed sheet). Bounce dryer sheets in mufflers, on seat, and mothballs under engine and trunk for mice.

Sucks

Yup, same as you with short ride to get Stabil through system and cover Trike with breathable material (bed sheet). Bounce dryer sheets in mufflers, on seat, and mothballs under engine and trunk for mice.

Sucks

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but dryer sheets & moth balls won't keep them away for long.

For the mufflers, you would do better with steel wool. When I had to store mine for months, I would take the seat off. They won't build a nest in the open. Good luck.

I use a king sheet to cover mine too. Works great!

Pretty much the same as above...Marine grade Stabil and an oz. of Marvil Mystery Oil, bed sheet on top and a 4' X 8' sheet of plywood on top of a sheet of foil faced 1.5" styrofoam insulation underneath to keep moisture away, and the Optimate 4 charger.

Reactions: MDO
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but dryer sheets & moth balls won't keep them away for long.

For the mufflers, you would do better with steel wool. When I had to store mine for months, I would take the seat off. They won't build a nest in the open. Good luck.

Well no bad news here. Stored my 1972 Bonneville without moth balls and dryer seats for 10 years before nests in air cleaners and droppings in mufflers in 1982. Indy recommended Bounce and mothballs. Used them from 1983 through 2006 without mice activity. 2006 Harley Low Rider stored as described 2006-2018 without incident.

Well no bad news here. Stored my 1972 Bonneville without moth balls and dryer seats for 10 years before nests in air cleaners and droppings in mufflers in 1982. Indy recommended Bounce and mothballs. Used them from 1983 through 2006 without mice activity. 2006 Harley Low Rider stored as described 2006-2018 without incident.

I'm glad it works for you. I was just going by what the owner of a pest control company told me.

Steel wool suggestion sounds pretty good. Maybe I'll add that to the routine. Can't hurt, right?

Mice were a problem with our shed. Built garage a few years ago and so far so good.

I had a family with pinks , under the batwing , nested on top of the radio once ! Best part was I took them for a ride. When I came home and parked in the garage, the mother ran up the fork . That’s how I knew something was up.

I had a family with pinks , under the batwing , nested on top of the radio once ! Best part was I took them for a ride. When I came home and parked in the garage, the mother ran up the fork . That’s how I knew something was up.

If they nest on something that get hot when running, man does it stink.

That's why when it's long term, I take the seat off. They just love to nest on top of the battery and chew on the wires. Except for feeding cats, snakes & owls, they are useless to me.

St. Louis got 5-6" of snow, so my dog's & I are in winter storage .

Michael, what is this snow you speak of:p

Another reason I moved to Fl, I could not take the Minnesota winters any more;)

I t hurt seeing my bikes sleeping for 3 months. I rode in the winter some when the streets were clear, In 88 and again in 92 I rode new Harley's home in February:p

A sheet for a cover and ready for a rest. Snow predicted for this afternoon/night. Winter S U C K S

Hoping for an Indian Summer day for an unexpected ride.

unnamed (1).jpg

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png