What is the number of the first ABS body Stallion?

Mine is the first Blue and #526- bike week 09. I was told that some of the ABS bodies were put on some of the older frames for demos as I guestioned the 14k miles on the one I rode.

Tomg

Tomg

From what i can see of the Trike Talk members you have one of the first ABS bodies.

I found information that #440 is Fiberglass. Maybe we can find the last number Fiberglass body number to narrow it down.

Not to be a wise guy about it - no Stallion so I don't have a dog in this hunt, but slightly curious about the answer. Has anyone tried to contact TMS/Motortrike and ask?

Ozarkryder

I tried getting that answer while I had my Stallion on order #616 ABS. It seemed as though they always had something better to do than answer trivia questions. I have not tried recently.

Rick's story is a little incomplete. The first 50 produced in the fall of 2007 were demo's put out to their then current dealers. I believed they were number 101 to 150. They were all fiberglass when first produced. Somewhere around the time they ran out of drive trains (before the last 150 where obtained) they pulled alot of the first 50 demo's back in and re-bodied them with the plastic body and sold them. My wife has unit 406 and did have unit 175 and both of those are fiberglass. It was sometime in the 2009 production that they switched to plastic. My wifes 2008 unit 175 was delivered to her in March of 2008 and we were advised at that time she got the 25th production unit. We purchased it from the factory store in Daytona so the facts should be correct unless we were mis-lead by the bosses. The numbers all work out because they were only producing 2 to 3 a week because the fiberglass body was so labor intense especially at the beginning. But exactly what the first plastic body not counting the re-body ones has to be in the 450 to 550 area I would guess.

Rick's story is a little incomplete. The first 50 produced in the fall of 2007 were demo's put out to their then current dealers. I believed they were number 101 to 150. They were all fiberglass when first produced. Somewhere around the time they ran out of drive trains (before the last 150 where obtained) they pulled alot of the first 50 demo's back in and re-bodied them with the plastic body and sold them. My wife has unit 406 and did have unit 175 and both of those are fiberglass. It was sometime in the 2009 production that they switched to plastic. My wifes 2008 unit 175 was delivered to her in March of 2008 and we were advised at that time she got the 25th production unit. We purchased it from the factory store in Daytona so the facts should be correct unless we were mis-lead by the bosses. The numbers all work out because they were only producing 2 to 3 a week because the fiberglass body was so labor intense especially at the beginning. But exactly what the first plastic body not counting the re-body ones has to be in the 450 to 550 area I would guess.

This is the closest to the correct information.. BUT, the question in itself is somewhat "loaded". Do you mean the first "regular production" ABS bodied unit, or the lowest VIN # with an ABS body? The "official" change was somewhere around mid-2009 though (I don't have full access to all of those records so am unable to give a specific vin in regards to regular production and the change).

When production began using the abs body, we had several dealers who brought their demos/floor units/stock units back & had us "re-body" them with abs bodies. There is no 100% reliable answer to this as the older records are quite "iffy" with how our old computer systems were set up.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png