Made the Trade

Freewheeling Ron

Apr 14, 2017
Murphy, Texas, USA
So Friday or Saturday I saw a totally optioned out used SS at a local Polaris dealer. It has just about every option one could do. 2016 with 2,200 miles. Owned by a doctor who threw money at it. Pretty cool looking wrap over red. Aftermarket seats, steering wheel, shifter, stereo with subwoofers (don’t care cause I just listen to talk radio, hopefully it has am), top, Corbin bags, leds all over, carpet kit, cold air intake and exhaust, power coated wheels and lots more. I didn’t check shocks, but wouldn’t be surprised if it had upgraded. Pretty much priced as if it had no options. I knew I needed to move on it and got to the dealership just after they opened Monday morning. Worked a nice trade on my 2015 Freewheeler. Will take delivery Friday or Saturday. While I was there sales guy got no less than 4 calls on it. Meanwhile I’m trying to take many of the mods off my Freewheeler they don’t care about. Pretty excited but tough to get out in garage to remove FW mods and make room as high today was 35. I’m a southern boy and don’t do well when it’s really cold. Like a wasp in winter, just doesn’t want to move.

Ron, that sounds like a cool ride.

One question, do we call you SlingingRon, SlingShotRon, or HotShotRon?

Wow, haha. I hadn’t thought about needing to change my forum name but it will no doubt be necessary. HotShotRon I like but a bit presumptuous for a guy 68 yo. I’ll have to think about a new name for sure.

Hate to give up the Freewheeler but just haven’t ridden it in while. Maybe this will get me back on the road for nice trip.

Wow, haha. I hadn’t thought about needing to change my forum name but it will no doubt be necessary. HotShotRon I like but a bit presumptuous for a guy 68 yo. I’ll have to think about a new name for sure.

Hate to give up the Freewheeler but just haven’t ridden it in while. Maybe this will get me back on the road for nice trip.

The Corbin bags are made for road trips....And they look great... Like they came from the factory, If i traveled two up i would have them on my S/S...

I agree and they really finish off the tail nicely. I need to find a trailer hitch that will work with them. The bags have had mixed reviews with some sealing issues and popping open. From what I’ve read Corbin has pretty much corrected these issues. I like the additional storage space and with a hitch the trike wouldn’t even feel a small cargo trailer and then tons of room. People really complain about Corbin’s customer service (lack of). But gosh they’re proud of them.

I agree and they really finish off the tail nicely. I need to find a trailer hitch that will work with them. The bags have had mixed reviews with some sealing issues and popping open. From what I’ve read Corbin has pretty much corrected these issues. I like the additional storage space and with a hitch the trike wouldn’t even feel a small cargo trailer and then tons of room. People really complain about Corbin’s customer service (lack of). But gosh they’re proud of them.

Any thing for the S/S Is dear, But if they do the job its worth it... I put the Stealth rear fender air foil with the LED strip.....Worth every penny [570 $ from SlingMods.com] I ride on a dirt/mud road to get into camp and the whole back end would be coved in mud, With the fender it stays clean...I also have the factory Sling-shade roof that and a taller windshield with a brace came with the new 18 S/S, As a no money changed hands for my lemon 17 T/G....And called the lawyers off...My next step might be a dedicated snow tire for the rear wheel ....

I do not think a person is ever too old for a cool name. :clapping: Or a fancy new trike. :)

Nice trade Ron, best of luck to you

Are you selling any Freewheeler take offs?

Yes I am. I have:

quick disconnet windshield with 2 windshield pouches

a DK Customs oil filter relocation kit with the black custom housing with washable filter

a DK Customs stage one intake with 7 spoke cover, plus rain sock and polished billet catch can for external breather

Love Jugs Cool Masters

Sundowner seat with driver backrest (manual adjust)

Power Vision tuner, never mounted but used to load tune. A new license is $199.

Trike was traded with 4,700 miles. Love Jugs were put on at 1,000 miles, all the DK stuff has less than 25 miles on them.

Also a set of lower fork wind deflectors.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png