Dissappointed in Bloomington IL dealer

ISP-FL

600+ Posts
Reaction score
We travel to the central Illinois area in the summer and then again this time of year to visit kids/grandkids. Stopped in at Chuck's Harley Davidson (Blmgt. IL) to look for a new leather riding jacket a couple days ago.

While I was looking at a couple the DW walked over to the counter and asked about any upcoming Black Friday discounts or possible Veteran's discounts. One of the older ladies behind the counter went off on her, telling her she was sick of Veterans getting discounts for everything.....on and on....

She finally stopped her rant on veterans long enough to say that their big black Friday sale included some stuff 10% off.

She came over the told me what the lady said and we immediately left. I found out later this old gal was the owner of the dealership.

Very disappointed in her attitude toward veterans. I have needed to use this dealership twice in the past two years while traveling in this area and their service department has always treated me well. Needless to say I won't be back until this place is under new ownership.

Sorry you had to endure this unfortunate scene.

You made the right choice to leave. It's the " $ dollar votes" that make a business thrive.

Thanks for the heads up on this place. I know I will not be casting in any "dollar votes" their way or any place that has this attitude.

Sorry for your experience at this Dealer ?? O well, thanks for posting, saves me from ever stopping there. :gah:

What a shame

With the mark up on HD merchandise you would think a dealership would be glad to make a sale even with a discount

I would see if they have a FaceBook page..sure they do.

Post your concerns there. There are a LOT of HD riders who are veterans.

Thanks for the tip.

I posted a review on yelp, but since I am not on facebook I can't really post on there.

Go a little farther west to Ted's HD in Alton, IL. Or travel 35 miles more to my side of the river in Missouri.

We have several dealers in my area that treats Veterans property. Doc's HD has 10% of parts & labor for vets + hot coffee all the time.:)

I hear ya Michael, never been to HD dealer in Alton. My son goes to a small dealer north of Peoria (Reiman's, Kewanee IL) for all his work/service so I'll probably go there when in that area and I have to have something.

We travel all over and visit numerous HD dealers between April and December. I would guess that over 75% of them offer vets a discount. I think all the ones I have been to in the southern states do.

Is it me ... or is this kind of experience happening more and more at MoCo? Just seems like customer service is going to heck.

Alan, IMO the dealers need to tread lightly or lose more customers

I bet The MOCO does not care, the dealers pay them their blood money every month like clock work

I do know if you did call the MOCO in the past with a dealer complaint they followed up on it

I know from past experiences, I got why did you register a complaint from 1 dealer, then they gave me a gift card to win me back over:p

Is it me ... or is this kind of experience happening more and more at MoCo? Just seems like customer service is going to heck.

Makes sense ....Why bother with customer service, When people will buy Harley's no matter how bad the service is...Harley just adds more sugar in the Kool-Aid...

The big three auto company's did that in the 50's/60's/70's...When the WW2 Vets would only buy American...Till the younger buyers wouldn't drink the Kool-Aid...

History will repeat itself...:D

We visited dealers in several states this summer, both Carolinas, Virginia, Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee, Illinois, Michigan, to name a few. Most will acknowledge you walking in their door, but the southern dealers seemed more friendly to me.

HD has a good business model going now, we will see if that changes with the next couple generations of riders.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png