Howdy From Texas .... New Guy Here .... Building Custom Trike

Welcome to the Gang from Western Colorado. Have you ran registering a "homebuilt" by your DMV and Insuring it by you insurance company? Would really be bad to get it built then not be able to register or insure it.

Homebuilt could be a problem in tx. I understood that I could not get mine titled or registered there. Check the current state of the rules beforehand.

Welcome to the Gang from Western Colorado. Have you ran registering a "homebuilt" by your DMV and Insuring it by you insurance company? Would really be bad to get it built then not be able to register or insure it.

Your right I'll check with the DMV Monday ….. Insurance Could be a problem also …. Thanks for your concern ….. What they the guys here are thinking to resister it as a Scooter via the frame/Title number …. not adding anything else as far as a description …. I'll really want to get this missed a Corvair 1200 Bike ….. Dern-it …. and I checked something it said it must be taken to a inspection station is all ….. but the way I was reading it the homebuilt part was Ok if it passed ….

Gerry, welcome from San Antonio. Good luck building your trike.

Welcome to TT from Ohio.

Welcome to the forum from Western Pennsylvania good luck on your project :good:ride safe Fred

Thanks for the kind welcome, Lola, Bill, David & Fred …. I have some checking to do ….. It rained again last night Another 2" ….. I can't catch a brake ….. :laugh:

Welcome from Indiana !!!
:Coffee:

Bob

Hi Gerry, welcome to the forums, looking forward to the build.

:wave4:
Welcome from Tn

Homebuilt could be a problem in tx. I understood that I could not get mine titled or registered there. Check the current state of the rules beforehand.

Thanks Bob, Marc David ….. For the welcome …. I'll check local laws …. Cheers !!!

Looks COOL so far.

Thanks, as you all know it's been raining in Texas, but We had a few days of dry last week …. so I did a little to the frame I bought. …. Some photos below ….

Iron Horse 4.jpg

A bit Rusty but, for $100 it was in My price range …..

Iron Horse 13.jpg

So I removed the tank, in fair shape Has a small dent that I need to fix …. Then a painted the frame with Rust killer …..

Thanks for the Welcome …. I'll continue this over in My Three Legged Horsie thread …..

Hi Gerry! Welcome to TrikeTalk from west Texas! Always happy to have another Texas on board! Best of luck with your trike build.

Sorry for not getting back to you, I had many problems with My Mother, and had to take care of her .... that took up all my time, but a man got to do what he has to do .... I've made some purchases, and working on moving forward with my build, I also bought a VW Trike from the '70 's with fiberglass body. Neither of these will run at current moment. I bought a Corvair, needs motor overhaul and a trike frame .... for the Corvair motor.

Welcome aboard Gerry :wave4: always nice to have another fellow Texan join us :clapping: keep us posted on how your project is going...looking forward to seeing you around soon

I need to learn how to drive this forum, sorry for the delay, Family illness .... I have purchased a Corvair to go with that frame, I bought and some Cat Squashers for the rear tires, Working on motor removal from Car, and have been studying rotation problem .... Soon as cooler weather gets here I'll jerk that motor out of the Corvair ....

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png